Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bubbles Practice...on a scrappy by Charisma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bubbles-practice-scrappy-charisma-t184951.html)

charismah 04-03-2012 03:57 PM

Bubbles Practice...on a scrappy by Charisma

4 Attachment(s)
Well I happen to love free motion quilting...but I got sucked into the loricles templates. LOL Even after I spent $ on them last year it took me about 8 months to even start using them. I have never used a pantograph or computer for quilting....I usually like to just freehand everything. But there are just some designs you can't freehand (and have them look normal..or what they are intended to be...right?) So I bought some of these boards. The latest one ( that I bought) is Bubbles. I love the graphic design of the board..but I am practicing for the learning curve or circles....I pulled out a scrappy quilt that was made for me (in the scrappy trade rounds) and started practicing.
I still need to practice some more....clearly.....there are several flubs and wobbles....but I think it won't take long...just a few more quilts. LOL
practice,practice,practice. That's the name of the game right?

suebee 04-03-2012 04:28 PM

VERY COOL, so is this a panto or the like the groovie boards?

huntannette 04-03-2012 04:31 PM

ahhh that turned really cute.....fun fun fun!!!

xsquilter 04-03-2012 04:43 PM

Ohhhh, I like that! And the practicing must be fun, right?!!!!
Maureen

Grandma Bonnie 04-03-2012 04:52 PM

Looks good to me - you'll have it perfected in no time!

jc469273 04-03-2012 05:08 PM

Looks great to me. Question - how many boards did you buy of that design. Do you have to alternate them across the table?

charismah 04-03-2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by jc469273 (Post 5114416)
Looks great to me. Question - how many boards did you buy of that design. Do you have to alternate them across the table?

Hi JC,
I have a 12 foot table on that machine so I bought 3 boards...I really didn't want to have to try and alternate as I was quilting along....it's already so time consuming ( I think...it probably just feels that way) to be behind the machine. so I can quilt a king size quilt.

charismah 04-03-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 5114301)
VERY COOL, so is this a panto or the like the groovie boards?

Hi Sue,
They are like groovy boards. They have a stylus that you put into the groove and follow. Grat designs..I bought several of them.
Baptist fans, swirls (but I mostly do my own), zig-zag, clam shells, crosshatching, I also have cosmos and the bubbles. They just came out with another called pebbles.

jenOSU 04-03-2012 05:49 PM

the quilting brings a whole new dimension to the quilt! beautiful.

earthwalker 04-03-2012 05:55 PM

Very cool....I am thinking this design could look really good on a two colour or monochromatic contemporary style quilt. As usual I am in awe of your talent.