Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Socks For Soldiers in Afghanistan/Iraq (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-socks-soldiers-afghanistan-iraq-t27115.html)

Feathers 10-15-2009 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Our quilt group made these socks for the soldiers for Christmas. We worked on them on our beach retreat last week and had such fun. As I write this the socks are being filled with goodies and will soon be jetting off to the far East.

Over the retreat days at the beach we got 178 socks made plus we had a couple hundred before we went so we think we did OK and can't wait to hear how the Santa Project did this year.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50578[/ATTACH]

Socks for Soldiers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52922[/ATTACH]

mountain-moma 10-15-2009 07:06 PM

What a lovely idea they will be so thankful

bearisgray 10-15-2009 07:22 PM

They sure look nice.

omak 10-15-2009 07:38 PM

WOW!
I am so glad that you got involved with this project.
be sure to keep us alerted to the results and needs.
With the pictures, I could see where I could actually spend a week or two at the Post with this project and get a lot produced ... and, I can always choose it as a year-round project for the Auxiliary ...
Keep in touch with the Bunkhouse and when the new year gets here, we will get something started in Ephrata/Grant County ... I know some wounded warriors who could use this also, so it will be a growing project, to say the least <g>

sharon b 10-15-2009 08:21 PM

Feathers are these the ones for the Marines ?
You ladies really out did yourselfs :shock: GREAT job :lol:
Sharon

MissTreated 10-15-2009 08:25 PM

You ROCK!!! What a kind, thoughtful thing to do for people who are undoubtedly wishing they could be somewhere else for Christmas.

M

amma 10-15-2009 11:41 PM

WOW!!! :shock: :shock: Those are great!!! :D :D :D About 300 of them??? :shock: :shock: Bless each and every one of you for doing something so touching for our service members!!! :D :D :D

Feathers 10-16-2009 01:01 AM

Thank you everyone for all the kudos but we make the socks because we're thankful to our soldiers (yes, the Marines) for their huge sacrifices. It's a project some of the Marine Corps families started but we've learned that the socks are given to any soldiers that are around, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Army. I understand the Military has warehouses they set up for Christmas so any of the guys can go there and get their Christmas socks but also get other things that they can chose to send home for their famiies for Christmas. This is our second year doing this project and I'm pretty sure it's one our quilt group will be doing forever! Would love to have all of you onboard for next year's socks.

sharon b 10-16-2009 06:23 AM

I made 37 for this year. just have to take pictures and then mail them in . Bless your hearts for making so many :thumbup:

littlehud 10-16-2009 06:53 AM

What a great idea.