Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Tree paper pieced (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-tree-paper-pieced-t208645.html)

scrap adict 12-17-2012 11:47 AM

Christmas Tree paper pieced

I have completed a paper pieced Christmas Tree. It is a miniature of Sage Country Quilts Christmas Tree. I gridded the photo and enlarged it. My finished size is 30" x 40". I want to attach a photo but I do not see the "insert image" icon. This is my first time trying this.
Mary

P.S. I changed my avatar to show it.

ppquilter 12-17-2012 12:02 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHH sounds so nice, love to paperpiece so hope to see a pic! :)

cjackaitlin 12-17-2012 12:07 PM

Mary, that is a beautiful tree. I can't post either, so I can't help ypu.

CoventryUK 12-17-2012 12:09 PM

Wow..that looks complicated!!! Well done you!! My brain won't compute to sewing back to front!!!!:confused: I so admire people who do master the technique!!! When you want to post pics click on 'quick reply', along the top there are several icons on the far right there is a square with a tree in it click on that and it will take you to upload pictures!! Hope this helps!!

scrap adict 12-17-2012 12:23 PM

Thank you CoventryUK. I tried and there are no icons showing. Maybe one day. I paper piece using a folding method. I do not sew thru the paper but sew next to the folded paper. Makes it easier to figure out the size of the next piece of fabric. Tricky in the begining and the paper can be used again and again.
My SIL was born in Coventry.

feline fanatic 12-17-2012 12:32 PM

You need to change your general settings to WYSIWYG. On the turquoise menu bar at the top of your screen click "Forum Actions". Then click General settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page under Miscellaneous Options and click the button for "Enhanced Interface Full WYSIWYG editing". Click the blue save settings box at the bottom. Like magic you will see the little tree icon for inserting images.

Edited to add your tree looks very nice.

Tweety2911 12-17-2012 12:35 PM

Love it, so pretty. To upload a picture you have to scroll down to "manage attachments", click on browse to find your picture ( I usually put it on my desktop to locate it quickly), then click on upload. When you see the name of your picture come up your uploading was successful.

nunnyJo 12-17-2012 12:52 PM

my friend made this and added bangles, etc. it is beautiful

CoventryUK 12-17-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by scrap adict (Post 5725736)
Thank you CoventryUK. I tried and there are no icons showing. Maybe one day. I paper piece using a folding method. I do not sew thru the paper but sew next to the folded paper. Makes it easier to figure out the size of the next piece of fabric. Tricky in the begining and the paper can be used again and again.
My SIL was born in Coventry.

Small world!!!!!

Tartan 12-17-2012 12:53 PM

It's easy peasy to post pictures from my iPad. I could never manage it from the main computer either. Love your Christmas tree!!