Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Designer Pattern weights (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/designer-pattern-weights-t147431.html)

jaciqltznok 08-23-2011 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what I am making for the holiday bazaars this fall..
You get a set of 8 weights(2 in each size) and they come in a plastic case.

I am also making pin cushions in the vintage muffin tins you see in the right hand side of the pix!

deedum 08-23-2011 07:25 PM

How did you know I was thinking of weights? I like what I see!

jaciqltznok 08-23-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
How did you know I was thinking of weights? I like what I see!

you know, it is funny, but there are times you just NEED weights..even in quilting...and I painted them really bright so you can find them under the cutting table pile ups..hehehe

Airwick156 08-23-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

I am also making pin cushions in the vintage muffin tins you see in the right hand side of the pix!

Excuse me for asking this DUMB question and I KNOW ITS A DUMB question and YES there is such things as DUMB questions because this definately is a DUMB question....

What are the weights used for? I'm lost in lala land on this one. I do however like the colors. :)

Kitsapquilter 08-23-2011 09:35 PM

Good Luck with your sales. Those look like interesting projects and something a little different. I send my fleece baby blankets down to OK to my sisters and they go to lots of craft shows. I wonder if you are ever in one of the same shows they are. They are in Western OK, too. Do you do the big show in Woodward?
They will be at Arnett this next Saturday. My sister is putting that show on. If you need ph. #'s to get in touch with one of my sisters for shows just PM me. Would love to hear from you.

quiltingcandy 08-23-2011 10:26 PM

Great idea - good luck!

quiltlady 08-23-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156

Excuse me for asking this DUMB question and I KNOW ITS A DUMB question and YES there is such things as DUMB questions because this definately is a DUMB question....

What are the weights used for? I'm lost in lala land on this one. I do however like the colors. :)

The weights are for weighing down a pattern and not having to pin it down to the material - you can just place them around and shift them as you cut. Makes cutting out for clothing sewers go faster- although you can also use them in quilting.

montanajan 08-23-2011 10:58 PM

Saw weights used once many years ago at a fabric shop - thought it was a great idea, but forgot all about it until I saw your post.
Good luck with the sales.

ej180 08-24-2011 12:28 AM

I think your pincushions made from those vintage tins would be cute!

Airwick156 08-24-2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady

Originally Posted by Airwick156

The weights are for weighing down a pattern and not having to pin it down to the material - you can just place them around and shift them as you cut. Makes cutting out for clothing sewers go faster- although you can also use them in quilting.

How interesting is that. Thank you for replying to my question. that would save alot of work not having to pin so much. Good luck on your sales. :)