Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 05-19-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6072979)
mumbling to herself---okay I had that siggy block here somewhere--maybe piled under that stack of bills that're going to get paid today. Keep digging......

:D And smiling back at you, thinking what if the siggie gets stuffed in with a cheque and sent off to the feed company? :D

granny_59 05-19-2013 01:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here we go: just put the last stitch on it. Thanks to DogHouseMom`s great sewing box I realized that I had forgotten about the pins, so I added a pin cusion.
Thank you QuiltE! I wont have to travel with my sewing stuff in a plastic bag anymore............ :-)
Granny

QuiltE 05-19-2013 01:43 PM

Granny59 ...I am SO impressed with your traveling kit!!
Since you have included your rotary cutter and ruler, can you set one of the little cutting mats inside before you zip it up?

It sure puts my GFG travel kit to shame! :eek:

And to All ... There's been so many great projects done (and in the works, too!) that it makes me SO proud of each and everyone of you! :D

oksewglad 05-19-2013 04:27 PM

granny--oh yes much nicer than a plastic bag!!

Re: misplaced check. Don't laugh too long QE. Earlier this year, I put the phone check and the correct check to one business and sent a paycheck to the phone company. I could not figure out where I put that pay check. Local business called--they shredded the phone check. Letter from the phone company regarding incorrect amount and payee--returned the check. So I had to straighten that all out. Yikes some days I think I'm losing it!!

QuiltE 05-19-2013 04:59 PM

OKSGlad ... it happens ... I had a big mix up like yours once between 3 of our farm suppliers. YIKES! They must have thought I'd gone bonkers! The good news was that they were easier to sort it out with than the more impersonal big telephone, hydro etc.

mirabelle 05-19-2013 05:24 PM

granny_59 I love your travel bag for your sewing stuff, how neat and won't everyone be envious:thumbup:

carriem 05-19-2013 06:05 PM

Everyone has come up with some great ideas!! Can't wait to see what others are doing. :)

dublb 05-19-2013 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So much goin' on. I can't remember everything I wanted ta say.
I spent the day lookin' at houses w/DH again. I think we are gonna take a look at the house w/the pecan trees again tamarrow. I did put the top coat on the chest th'smornin'.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414540[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414541[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-19-2013 11:14 PM

Granny, your travel bag is gorgeous!

Bev, lovely chest! You did a great job :)

alisonquilts 05-20-2013 05:21 AM

I love love love those travel bags - I had no idea you could get such a complete (and beautiful) bag/purse out of a single fat quarter!! Makes me want to sign up for a class so I'll have an excuse to make a travel kit to take with me...

Alison