Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I FINALLY finished the next 5 French braided table runner tops..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finally-finished-next-5-french-braided-table-runner-tops-t6423.html)

barnbum 04-23-2008 03:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I wanted to finish them over my week off--but the weather was too nice! (Did that sound like a complaint?? :wink: ) So, I've worked on them from 7-9:30 PM to get them done. (I'm in the classroom all day and in the pastures till 7ish--grooming the shedding equine.)

They'll have to wait to be quilted, I'm tired. (Is there a sleeping smiley :?: )

Speaking of quilting them--I'm going to keep it simple--in the ditch. Do you think any quilting needs to go in the middle? (Please say no, please say no. :lol: )

Also--what price would you put on them? They're for a craft show.

I hung them out this morning so I could show you. As usual the color is werid. Do you have a favorite?

Close up to see pretty colors. Distorted from the breeze.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8471[/ATTACH]

All together now--stop wind!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8736[/ATTACH]

I made a quilt out of these three fabrics--I couldn't decide which looked best, so I made one of each.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8908[/ATTACH]

barnbum 04-23-2008 03:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the other close ups I just knew you'd want to see. Isn't that daisy on maroon unique? I found it online somewhere. Maybe ebay.

Sometimes I love them all--sometimes I think some look too stripey. Striped? :? You know what I mean. :D

Color is weird here--basket weave is a beautiful green and the daisy is a rich one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8508[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 04-23-2008 03:25 AM

Really pretty!
Nope, just do what you are intending on doing with the stitch in the ditch.
Nothing more needed.
My favs are the 1st 3.

lin 04-23-2008 03:38 AM

Those are all so pretty I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite. I do love that daisy fabric a lot though. :) You did a great job on all of them!

I'd love to say "no" about quilting in the middle, but imvho, I'd say that's a large enough area to get "shifty" when washed, if there aren't any stitches to keep the layers together. Some battings say you can go up to 10" without stitching, but I personally don't trust that. Maybe these won't get washed much, but then again, maybe they will, and I would hate to think that lovely straight and excellent piecing could get all puffy or stretched out of shape in the wash. Just mho though. :)

These should sell with no trouble at all!! They'll go like hot cakes. :D I have no idea how you should price them though. I"m sure others here have more experience with that and could help you out.

patricej 04-23-2008 04:27 AM

here's the deal: if you mean you made all those tops in ONE 2.5 hour period then you have to make it up to those of us who would take all day on a single runner. add lots and lots and lots of quilting. :lol:

if you mean you made them in a series of 2.5 hour periods .... then you're off the hook. ditch the suckers. :lol:

Roben 04-23-2008 04:34 AM

Those are awesome! If I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with the gardening one - maybe just because I'm ready for Spring around here! Great Job! :D

barnbum 04-23-2008 04:41 AM

Patrice--SEVERAL 5 min-2 hour phases. Like on commercials during American Idol---after weeding and raking the garden (have to scrub hands after that!), after getting stalls ready, correcting papers, taking horses for walks....

Believe me when I tell you-it took hours. :?

If I have to put something in the middle--what can I do without messing it up? :?: :?:

Of course, these can be quilted in the summer AFTER I've practiced with my new quilting book of lessons. :roll:

DJ 04-23-2008 05:06 AM

Lovely work!

As for the centers, I don't know why you can't keep it simple and just follow the same straight line pattern of stitching at the same width as the strips down to a center square. I don't think you need to do anything fancy.

barnbum 04-23-2008 05:07 AM

DJ__I know just what you mean! Thanks! Im brain dead--I'm glad someone's creative. I love it here. :D

Calico92402 04-23-2008 05:16 AM

My favorites are fourth from the left - blue and green - and the daisy with the basket weave. Like others, I have no clue how to price them, or what folks will pay. I know you'll never get what they're worth in light of your time, but as I tell myself when I sell something: at least I've more than covered expenses; those are dollars that weren't in my pocket before; it was a "labor of love"; and the sold item is out of my sewing room or closet. That doesn't help you much, though, does it?