Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I will laugh about this some day...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-will-laugh-about-some-day-t45279.html)

kbiederman 05-08-2010 07:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So I decided to work on a little project this afternoon, and it started out pretty well. I love the fabrics, and it went together really fast. I quit when my adorable 2 year old son woke up, and left my sewing things out in the lower level while I fed him dinner etc. I went and found that he had OF COURSE gone down to my sewing corner, and left me a present....

I also found that he decided to crash the laundry detergent off the counter today into quite the mess. Yesterday he spilled a pan of (cold, thankfully) leftover eggs all over the kitchen floor, and while I was cleaning that up, he spilled a brand new soda....it goes on and on and on.... :)

So, I had to patch in some pieces with the leftover fabric. It was all I could do...

I am sure I will laugh hysterically about this some day, my Son's Masterpiece. Happy Mother's day Mama's!!!

Not so bad from here...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53253[/ATTACH]

This is about all I could do, it is going to be about a half an inch short here still
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53254[/ATTACH]

Here is what is left of his contribution:)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53255[/ATTACH]

He is about the cutest thing you'll ever see though...how could I ever stay mad at that face??!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53256[/ATTACH]

nativetexan 05-08-2010 07:29 PM

Yep,that's one of those "I didn't do it smiles".

marsye 05-08-2010 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
He is adorable!!!!! Your already laughing right!!! ?? :lol:

Ditter43 05-08-2010 07:30 PM

Ahh the joys of motherhood.....I must say he is adorable and could have done a lot worse!!

Ditter

Charlee 05-08-2010 07:30 PM

I'd call it, "Yep, I did it, and you love me anyway!" smiles!!

What a CUTIE!! :)

Chele 05-08-2010 07:31 PM

Yep, he's way too cute to stay mad at! I think the boy might have some quilting genes. Work on that! Happy Mother's Day!

cjomomma 05-08-2010 07:33 PM

Oh nooooo!!! I'm so sorry. My 3 yr old is always trying to get at my sewing stuff but he won't touch the scissors. I had told him that the scissors could cut his fingers off. I know it is mean but it keeps him from messing with sharp objects.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-08-2010 07:35 PM

I feel your pain. Once, years ago, I was making homemade brown and serve rolls to have for Thanksgiving the next day. When they were ready to be removed from the oven, I put them on cooling racks, on the kitchen counter, closed the baby gate and went to dust the living room. The next thing I know, my 11 month old has climbed the gate, pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed up and BITTEN EVERY ROLL! So what could I do?

I served pre-bitten rolls for dinner (it was just family, anyway), stacked another baby gate on top of the first one to make climbing harder, and started getting gray hair.

You will laugh about it one day, but you will grit your teeth a few times between now and then. :)

Jim's Gem 05-08-2010 07:35 PM

He's adorable!!! Be careful, he cut have cut himself!!!!

Born2Sew 05-08-2010 07:35 PM

Reminds me of the time my grandson took my sewing scissors and cut the toes out of my socks. I still laugh over that one. Glad you took pics mom! He is a cutie, and I can see the mischief all over his sweet little face.