Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It's Done in time for tonight!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/its-done-time-tonight-t24509.html)

Jim's Gem 08-22-2009 03:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This quilt I decided Sunday morning to put together for a friend who has been ill, had surgery, spent a week in the hospital and is now home and recovering. I was called Saturday night to see if I could bring a meal for tonight for them. I started thinking....... Well I decided to make her a quilt. I have to deliver dinner at 5:30, it is right now 4:06. I just threw it in the washer and now I have to make dinner.

I just did a "wavy" stitch in the ditch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45071[/ATTACH]

I didn't have enough time to make a label on my embroidery unit, so had to do it the old fashioned way
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46597[/ATTACH]

Sorry, there is a little breeze blowing right now. As you can see one of my "girl" had to come check out the quilt, her name is Kea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55855[/ATTACH]

Jim's Gem 08-22-2009 03:15 PM

Thank you everyone who helped me decide which border to use. I like the way it turned out. Hopefully Jackie will like it too.
I got this done within a week! and I had to work and other issues. Can't believe I got it done.

Oh, By the way, my daughter landed in the good ole USA last night 8:20 California time. She is at Fort Dix in New Jersey for anywhere from a week to 2 or so. She's been gone a year. We are so excited that she is almost home. Out of Iraq!!!!!! YEA!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

MsSage 08-22-2009 03:18 PM

WOW I am sure your friend will be bolown away by the wuilt. GREAT JOB

So close and only 2 more weeks for your daughter to be home with yall has to be such a thrilling feeling.
Tell her THANK YOU

nana2 08-22-2009 03:21 PM

Great quilt, what a lucky friend, and very thankful that your daughter is back in the good USA.

quiltluvr 08-22-2009 03:27 PM

The colors are so soothing and calming. Just what the doctor ordered for a full recovery. That sure was some fast work.

Hopefully these next few weeks will fly for you until you see your daughter.

redquilter 08-22-2009 03:36 PM

I am soooo happy for you and your family that your daughter is home. Thank goodness and thanks to her for serving and doing her utmost to protect the rest of us. Bless all our troops! They are special people.

Lisa T 08-22-2009 03:39 PM

I am so so impressed!! This is a VERY pretty quilt and there's nothing like a finish under the wire! (I was up til 4 am this Friday to finish a wedding quilt for Friday night.)

It is nice of you to bring a meal, but to bring a meal AND a homemade quilt- wow! You are a good friend!

wvdek 08-22-2009 03:47 PM

Gayle - This turned out beautiful and as I said, very calming and relaxing. Know she will love it.

zyxquilts 08-22-2009 03:54 PM

What a lovely quilt - your friend will treasure it!

Give a hug as thanks to your daughter for me, when she makes to CA!!!!

bearpaw 08-22-2009 04:05 PM

Very pretty! Love the colors! The Warm Wishes pattern goes together so easily, doesn't it.