Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lavendar quilt for customer is finally finished! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lavendar-quilt-customer-finally-finished-t192200.html)

JulieB 06-19-2012 09:31 AM

Lavendar quilt for customer is finally finished!

5 Attachment(s)
I like most colors, and especially bright ones, but honestly I really don't care for lavendar. so when I was asked to make a lavendar/purple quilt for someone, I agreed, but it took longer than I would have wished to get it finished because I just didn't like it. The basic patch is called a Drunkard's Path, and it's arranged in an around-the-world fashion to get the cute curl-and-point effect. (I do like the pattern, just not the colors.) Then the heart appliques added a neat touch. I quilted it in rings following the colors. I used a heart-and-leaf single line motif for the quilting. I quilted with a Sulky variegated thread for all but the white. I outlined the hearts with white, and in between added another heart, or a single rose, as needed. The white designs ended up getting lost in the white material, but I didn't have the energy to tear it all out and do it again. In the pictures you can see the quilt first as sewn, but not quilted with a close-up of a corner on the 2nd photo, then 3 pics after it's quilted. The 4th one shows the white-on-white quilting, and the last one shows the simple leaf motif on the borders. At least it's finished, and I can get started on my next project! Hope you enjoy looking.

feline fanatic 06-19-2012 09:39 AM

You did a wonderful job despite working with colors and fabrics that were not to your liking. I have that problem too, if I don't love the fabrics and all the other elements I tend to lose interest quickly.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 06-19-2012 09:43 AM

Its a beautiful quilt, wonderful work.

QuiltnNan 06-19-2012 10:19 AM

your quilting is great. i know what you mean about lavender... my newest tenant wanted lavender walls. as i was painting, all i could think of is the song lavender blue, dilly dilly, lavender green. LOL luckily, i was finished with the painting in a day. i don't think i could do an entire lavender quilt

quiltingcurious 06-19-2012 10:20 AM

It has a vintage look to it, nice pattern and I like your rose and leaf quilting.

BrendaK 06-19-2012 10:23 AM

Wow, if that is what you make when you don't care for the colors or fabric I can't wait to see what you do when you love something. You did a great job on the quilt and the quilting. Looking forward to seeing something you do like. Lovely quilt. BrendaK

mighty 06-19-2012 11:41 AM

Really beautifu work!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUILTNMO 06-19-2012 11:52 AM

i think it looks great!!!nice job!

harrishs 06-19-2012 12:06 PM

I think it is very prettyful but I love lavender.

Nanaquilts44 06-19-2012 12:27 PM

The quilt is just beautiful! I like the colors myself.