Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Accuquilt Review-GO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-accuquilt-review-go-t81612.html)

luvstoquilt301 12-09-2010 04:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have had this wonder cutting machine for about 2 weeks. It was a big stretch financially to get one but I am a very prolific quilter and felt it would be worth it.

I have no trouble cutting strips so was not interested in those dies or the applique type. I ordered the 3 1/2 HST and the 4 7/8 triangle. These are the ones that will make a flying geese block 3 1/2 x 6 1/2.

All I can say is WOW. It is just cut and sew. Not a single bit of trimming. I just cut up all my Christmas Scraps for the start of a quilt with just flying geese. Here is a picture of how they look when you cut them.

I also cut up a bunch of them to surround this cute wall hanging from a panel I bought a couple of years ago. Cut and sew----no trimming.

I feel that it is well worth the money if you make lots of quilts. I will be selective in what dies I buy to make sure I will make lots of quilts out of them.

Next one I want is the Alex Anderson one that makes smaller geese. This would be used with the one that came with the machine.

All dog ears pretrimmed for a perfect fit
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140380[/ATTACH]

Nancy S. 12-09-2010 04:49 AM

Nicely done. I'm still on the fence, waiting for the price to drop more. I am the same way I only think that I need the strip cutter. I was thinking of the Simplicity strip cutter but I heard too many bad things about it. So I guess untill I can find a killer deal I will do everything manually.

grann of 6 12-09-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy S.
Nicely done. I'm still on the fence, waiting for the price to drop more. I am the same way I only think that I need the strip cutter. I was thinking of the Simplicity strip cutter but I heard too many bad things about it. So I guess untill I can find a killer deal I will do everything manually.

It looks like it does a beautiful job, but I am not sure I would do enough to make the expenditure worthwhile. I don't do applique except on the embroidery machine so I wouldn't be interested in the dies either; and I like doing the quickie HST's. Maybe sometime in the future but not now.

fidgety 12-09-2010 05:13 AM

Cool. I have not explored those to much. Did you cut out the snowmen or was that a panel?

CarrieAnne 12-09-2010 05:46 AM

Glad you like it. I LOVE my GO!

tomilu 12-09-2010 05:49 AM

I love mine as well. It really helps my hands as I have both carpel tunnel nerve damage and arthritis. Cutting a lot of strips for charity quilts really is a breeze now.

raptureready 12-09-2010 06:40 AM

One of these days..........

I really want one, I just haven't been able to justify spending the money on it. Maybe when I get my income tax return..........

You guys are making it really hard to NOT buy one. Let's see, I'm a pretty prolific quilter, I have carpal tunnel and arthritis, if I bought the Go there would always be dies that I could get as gifts from dh and dd, it's one of the few gadgets I don't have......hmmmm......looks like it's getting closer and closer.....

madelinkk 12-09-2010 06:42 AM

Check ebay occasionally. I got my go for $175.

qwkslver 12-09-2010 06:45 AM

That looks very cool. I canceled my order (temporarily) because I decided to spent the money on my children/ grandchildren instead. I had the simplicity cutter and sent it back. I first thought it was nice but soon realized it cuts wavy. Can't wait to get my Go.

luvTooQuilt 12-09-2010 06:48 AM

I love mine, I have almost all the dies- minus the strips, I think i can handle straight lines! lol.. My only disappointment is that the mat wears down to quickly for me.. I always have a new spare of each size, when I unwrap a new one I make sure to replace the back up one the very next day... Other than that, I LOVE MY GO!!!!!