Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first quilt - BOY have I leanred a lot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-boy-have-i-leanred-lot-t37389.html)

miholmes 02-19-2010 01:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey there,

So this is my FIRST quilt ever...it was a learned experience. I wasn't sure how to use the seam ripper at first (thanks for showing me mom). So I accidentally made a small rip or 2 with it. So the zigzag stitch came in handy.

This is a baby quilt for a friend, and I ALMOST didn't give it to them. I thought I should make a new one and just chalk this one up to practice. But they said NO they wanted this one, so I boxing it up and shipping it to Boston this weekend.

I'm looking forward to finishing up my next quilt this evening tomorrow morning. And I can't tell you how much easier this one has been, compared to the other.

The pictures aren't the BEST cause it's hanging over my treadmill. But you get the idea. :)

P.S. This was the first time using my walking foot and stitching in the ditch...as you can see...sometimes I didn't quite stay in the ditch....like I said this was a learning experience.

~mike

Quilt View #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13743[/ATTACH]

Quilt View #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13744[/ATTACH]

Quilt View #3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13745[/ATTACH]

LoisN 02-19-2010 01:34 PM

Very cute quilt. I'm sure your friends will love it.

quiltinggrandmaca 02-19-2010 01:35 PM

Good job!

adriansmom 02-19-2010 01:36 PM

This is really good for your first quilt!! From what I can see, even your points are matched up...even my points don't always match up!! This is a really good first attempt (if thta's what this really is..I think you're pulling our legs)! I can only imagine how good your second quilt is if this is your first. Congratulations and welcome to the board!

seamstress 02-19-2010 01:43 PM

Very pretty quilt..You did a good job quilting it..

redquilter 02-19-2010 01:46 PM

I think it's adorable and you did a great job matching those points. You should be proud of yourself and your friend's new baby is gonna love it! Keep at it and keep posting pictures!

n2scraplvr 02-19-2010 01:46 PM

Judging by your quilt, you've already learned the ropes of quilting!! haha. You did FANTASTiC! Welcome to the board, you'll love it here and we'll be sure to teach you a lot~~haha~~and you'll teach us a thing or two!! You will most definitely learn alot and come back often! :thumbup: :thumbup:

LovingIzabella 02-19-2010 01:47 PM

Very nice quilt-we all had to start and learn somewhere.
Great job looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Hugs
April

Elisabrat 02-19-2010 01:50 PM

You did great and FYI I have been quilting for 15 yrs and still I dont always stay in the ditch either (and I know I am not alone). Great quilt, I am thinking your friends will love it so much more knowing how much effort it took you. I look forward to more and more and more of your posts!!

elfvinnd 02-19-2010 01:50 PM

I've been quilting for 12 years and I still learn something new with each quilt. Great job.