Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

Grandma Peg 03-04-2013 09:53 AM

Those are just something, you did a great job. Made me chuckle!!

Donna 66 03-04-2013 09:54 AM

These are hilarious. Don't know whether I'd spend so much time on them, but certianly appreciate that you do. You've done a great job.

I kept looking at the one with the birds and finally realized that was an eyeball! It reminded me of when I went to the musical "Sweeney Todd" and people gradually realized during one of the songs what the pies were made from. You'd hear these groans coming out of the audience all through the song as people figured it out.

Thanks for the laughs (and I love Sunbonnet Sue) :)

Veronica 03-04-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by neenee586 (Post 5902862)
Mad, your creativity is over the top! Truly one of a kind, really mad me chuckle. Thanks for sharing.
neenee

So funny, I love them!

WTxRed 03-04-2013 11:53 AM

Good for a smile and a chuckle! I'd love to be a fly on a wall in about 100 years when someone pulls this quilt out to look at it! ROFL

JanieH 03-04-2013 12:15 PM

Oh, how evil! But must say they are the best of fun!

Chasing Hawk 03-04-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by WTxRed (Post 5903917)
Good for a smile and a chuckle! I'd love to be a fly on a wall in about 100 years when someone pulls this quilt out to look at it! ROFL

Yeah me too....A time Capsule of deadly Sunbonnet Sue and Sam quilts.

I can hear them now......."What a bunch of sick people. Let's out do them!!...LOL"

mrs. fitz 03-04-2013 12:29 PM

Madquilter, you are a very warped person in need of serious help. That being said, loved the blocks, they are not only clever they are very well done. Have you seen "Sunbonnet Sue's True Story" by Linda Cantrell? Her "Sunbonnet Sue Goes on Jerry Springer" block has been going thru my head since I first looked at your work. Great minds think alike. How about Sue falling from a trapeeze? Or buried under her fabric stash?

oldquilter 03-04-2013 12:32 PM

Love them all, so funny and creative. I've never seen these before, sure gave me a much needed chuckle!

MadQuilter 03-04-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz (Post 5903991)
Madquilter, you are a very warped person in need of serious help. [...] How about Sue falling from a trapeeze? Or buried under her fabric stash?

Oh, so you are helping by giving me more ideas? lol

I actually have some more ideas. The shower scene in Psycho came to mind this morning. And then I want to put her in a rough play scene with Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, Strawberry Shortcake and the Sock Monkey where they have SBS by the limbs and are tearing her apart. I have no idea where these thoughts are coming from. I'm really not a violent person. hehe

Pat G 03-04-2013 12:57 PM

OMG, those are the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Poor Sue. Don't you feel guilty for killing her off? So funny.