Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

petpainter 03-05-2013 05:51 AM

I have NEVER been a Sue fan either, so I think you blocks are just fabulous!!! Great creativity and how fun- you just can't get too serious over them!

mjhaess 03-05-2013 06:10 AM

OMG...That is just too funny...Great imagination...You should be writing books......

Sewnoma 03-05-2013 10:36 AM

Hah!! These are hysterical. I love it! Very creative, well-done, and funny as heck.

Not something that everyone will love (obviously!) but as someone who has plenty of experience with death of loved ones, I firmly believe that the best way to handle sorrow and pain is with laughter and art. When I hurt the worst, that's when I laugh the loudest, and these Sunbonnet Sue murders tickle that part of me, in a harmless and friendly sort of way.

Of course, I'm a big Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett fan too, so maybe we're just similarly warped? LOL

JoanneS 03-05-2013 10:45 AM

Love them! There have been some delightful KSBS quilts at the local quilt show. We're not alone!

AlaskaAlice 03-05-2013 10:53 AM

Me! give it to me! I love it! reminds me there are times to laugh! I have a SBS my mother-in-law made for her 1st child,84 years ago..It is so worn out you can hardly tell what it was!! She was and is still loved! Someone may be encouraged to make some beautiful out of bad feelings...Sue can take it!! she will not die!

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 5903176)
OMG!!! Thanks for the morning laugh!! My only question is who is going to be the recipient of this nightmare?

Quilter7x 03-05-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5905134)
I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be ruining. People who love SBS can continue to do so and people who appreciate some dark gallows humor or some off-the-beaten-path creativity can do that too. As for spending (wasting?) time and energy - it is mine to spend or waste however I see fit. In case you wonder - my favorite authors are Steven King, Dean Koontz, Neil Gaiman, and Terri Pratchett.

This is a quilt that will eventually hang in my house. Even my Mom thinks it's funny. Lighten up folks!

Thanks Chasing Hawk.

I agree with you Martina, that people need should lighten up and be more open minded. If everyone liked the same thing as everyone else, this would be a very boring world to live in.

Martina, your drawing skills, creativity and applique work are great!

humbird 03-05-2013 11:43 AM

As AlaskaAlice said...Sue can take it!! she will not die!

tuckyquilter 03-05-2013 11:54 AM

This is really great thinking.. I Love it...

Deecee 03-05-2013 12:07 PM

I have never been a fan of SBS and normally find her totally booooooooring. Great way to add a bit of interest and intrigue and with your inventive mind Mad, I'm sure this could be a long term serial killing.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to see closeup pics so I could appreciate your inventiveness and embellishments.

ligia 03-05-2013 12:25 PM

Love it Martina, way more creative than following the beaten path.
I love when Kyle (?) dies in every episode of SouthPark to be back in the next one .
Sorrow for a drawing as if it were a child .... (chuckle)