Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sanity! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sanity-t41115.html)

akatammie 03-29-2010 12:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Right now I am living with my in laws becasue my father in law is terminaly ill and my mother in law has alzheimers. My husabnd and son live an hour away in our home so my son can finish his senior year of high school. Making quilts has become my sanity!! These are the ones I finished in the last few months. The first is a quilt top that my grandmother pieced some 40 years ago and I inherited it when she passed in 2002. I hand quilted it and gave it to my father for Christmas. The second is one I hand pieced and quilted for my father in law that spent some 60 years working on airplanes. The third I made for my mom, with hand embroidered flowers on each block, then hand pieced and hand quilted. Next I want to make a long quilted coat for myself, I will send along pictures of that when I get to work on it.

Sheila Elaine 03-29-2010 12:47 PM

All of these are beautiful. I love the colors in your Grandmothers quilt & your hand quilting really makes it look sensational. I remember shirts & dresses made in those colors. Keep up the great work & show us your progress.

Happy to have you onboard. I'm from NE Alabama.

MamaBear61 03-29-2010 12:48 PM

Beautiful projects

kathyd 03-29-2010 12:49 PM

First off... angel wings to you for what you are doing for your in-laws. Heaven only knows how difficult it is for you and the family living an hour away. Keep quilting for your sanity, it will help in so many ways. I never had my mother living with us when she had alzheimer's, but taking her to doctor appointments and just making sure the day to day was getting done was very daunting, even when other family members helped.
I love the dahlia quilt. I have made one block, just to try the pattern years ago and it is one I dream of making in at least a full size quilt. Oh well, some day.

mrspete 03-29-2010 12:56 PM

Awww, GF, You are a blessing. Thank the Lord for the chance to be that blessing.

Blessings,
Ruth

mrspete 03-29-2010 12:56 PM

Psst, and the quilts are perfectly wonderful.

amma 03-29-2010 01:01 PM

You do such beautiful work!!! I love them all :D:D:D

akatammie 03-29-2010 01:03 PM

You guys have no idea how much this site and and all your warm comments mean to me!! Thank you!!!

LUV2QLT 03-29-2010 01:08 PM

You are an Angel to your family - there is a special place in Heaven waiting just for you!

Your quilts are beatuiful - just like you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Newby0709 03-29-2010 01:10 PM

Beautiful quilts. Bless you for what you are doing. I had my mother, with Alzheimer's, living with us for 7 years. I understand your need for some sanity. Actually, that was the period of time I started my first quilt and she helped me. Didn't finish it for 22 years. I did make some others in that time though.