Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Help... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-t210647.html)

diannemc 01-10-2013 01:23 PM

Need Help...

1 Attachment(s)
I am working on this quilt a friends baby boy. I am ready to quilt it but don't have a clue how?? I was going to stipple it on my sewing machine...guess the applique is throwing me off...was going to use white thread but don't know what to do about the green gator??? will it look ok to stipple it in white or should I use green? Should I stipple all over then do something else with the alligator??? I am having trouble seeing this one??? oh my machine is not good at using a different color in bobbin because it shows on top..I have tried to fix this but can't...thanks for all your help!!

WTxRed 01-10-2013 01:29 PM

THAT is a really cute quilt! Could you echo around Mr Gator and stipple the rest? Then maybe come back in and do a different size in his body? I can pretty much promise you Mom and Baby Boy won't care about the color thread you use! Cute cute cute

love to sew 01-10-2013 01:32 PM

use the same color thread top and bottom, it makes the back interesting as well. I would stipple the alligator in green. and a larger design in the the stripes but use matching thread for each. White in the white, navy/black in the dark. (can't tell what color it is) You could use one color or the other if you choose to do a design that goes all over and into the stripes. Not sure what type of larger design I would suggest as I am still thinking about that as well. good luck.

lynnie 01-10-2013 02:00 PM

Give the alligator the alligator treatment, so he has scales that look real. So cute. I love it

mighty 01-10-2013 02:06 PM

Really cute.

QuiltnNan 01-10-2013 02:20 PM

cute gator

Sarah in Brooklyn 01-10-2013 02:22 PM

If you stipple the gator in a green thread, it will look like scales! Really cute!

fivepaws 01-10-2013 02:27 PM

I did a striped one with a dog. I quilted 1/4 inch around the applique and did diamonds. I was very pleased with the results. You could use a saw tooth too. I don't stipple well so all my quilting is straight lines. It will be well received no matter what you do.

LoisM 01-10-2013 02:28 PM

Too make it easy you could just stitch a zig zag design on the white and blue stripes (like peaks and valleys). I'd love to see a darker green stippling on the alligator himself.

DogHouseMom 01-10-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by LoisM (Post 5776868)
Too make it easy you could just stitch a zig zag design on the white and blue stripes (like peaks and valleys). I'd love to see a darker green stippling on the alligator himself.

I agree, when I first looked at it I *saw* zig-zag's in the stripes. If you want it to show, use blue thread in the white strips and white thread in the blue strips (front and back). Def green stiple on the gator and perhaps do one close echo quilt around him to set him off (so you see the shape of the gator better on the back.