Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need opinions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-opinions-please-t61680.html)

CoriAmD 08-27-2010 11:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I just finished the top for the queen quilt I have been commissioned to make. NOW, I am not sure about the second blue border strip. What do you think - please be honest. Should I take the second blue border off? I hope you can see them okay in the pictures.
I will be using this color for the binding so even if I take it off, there will be a small amount of that color on the outer edge. I just don't know if I like it this way - thanks for your opinion, I value it. Everyone is so great on this board!

queen quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105593[/ATTACH]

quilt showing borders close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105594[/ATTACH]

here it is showing what it would look like with just the binding in this color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105595[/ATTACH]

dungeonquilter 08-27-2010 11:52 AM

I think it is OK. You might want to check with the person who commissioned it.

CoriAmD 08-27-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
I think it is OK. You might want to check with the person who commissioned it.

Good point! why didn't I think of that... LOL

Jim's Gem 08-27-2010 11:54 AM

I think it looks fine. But is it bigger than you want it to be? I love the look of a binding contrasting with the outside border.

erstan947 08-27-2010 11:55 AM

I like the second boarder. since blue is my favorite color I may not be the best person to ask.

sahm4605 08-27-2010 12:11 PM

I like the second blue boarder. it helps to frame the quilt to me. and with the binding being the same fabric i think that it really works.

bearisgray 08-27-2010 12:19 PM

I like it with both blue borders.

mpspeedy 08-27-2010 12:20 PM

Unless the quilt would be to small or the owner really wants that pieced border I would eliminate it all together. I usually end my quilts with a very narrow border of an accent color, say the blue and then a wider border in a solid if the quilt is busy, before doing the binding. IF you have enough left of the yellow print for the wider border it might look great.

KarenS 08-27-2010 12:24 PM

I guess I would check with the person you are making it for and see what size the quilt needs to be.

CoriAmD 08-27-2010 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
Unless the quilt would be to small or the owner really wants that pieced border I would eliminate it all together. I usually end my quilts with a very narrow border of an accent color, say the blue and then a wider border in a solid if the quilt is busy, before doing the binding. IF you have enough left of the yellow print for the wider border it might look great.

It's funny you should say that, that is what I was originally going to do, the blue border, then the beige. I know it looks kinda yellow in the pic but it actually a very pretty beige. These are the colors she chose. I just took a picture with the beige instead of the piano border - I will send that to her to see what she thinks of that option. THANKS!!

beige border instead of piano key in blues
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105614[/ATTACH]