Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ocean Waves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ocean-waves-t23587.html)

Pats8e8 08-01-2009 12:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)

I did this one at our quilt retreat in March, did I put it on yet? It was a paper pieced pattern and I don't think I will do another. Took me the whole weekend to finish the top. I'm not crazy about the blue corners, think I'll change those out. Not in too much of a hurry to finish it. ha But it is pretty I think.

nana2 08-01-2009 12:14 PM

Actually, the picture shows the blue to be just perfect. Of course I am a fan of blue. I love this pattern.

Shemjo 08-01-2009 12:15 PM

I like it! And I love paper piecing. I find my points are better with pp. If you change out the blues, what color are you going to use in exchange? I wouldn't change them out, but if they make you unhappy, change them. :lol:

Ducky 08-01-2009 12:16 PM

I love it! That look is just so amazing. I saw one hanging up in a LQS by where I work and knew I needed to make one. Now that I've seen yours, I really want to make one. I have got to stop looking at pictures here!!!!

Pats8e8 08-01-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
I love it! That look is just so amazing. I saw one hanging up in a LQS by where I work and knew I needed to make one. Now that I've seen yours, I really want to make one. I have got to stop looking at pictures here!!!!

It was a kit from Connecting Threads, they might still have it. Just a wall hanging size.

Pats8e8 08-01-2009 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I like it! And I love paper piecing. I find my points are better with pp. If you change out the blues, what color are you going to use in exchange? I wouldn't change them out, but if they make you unhappy, change them. :lol:

I was thinking maybe a brown and blue 4 patch or something similar. I love the browns.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 08-01-2009 12:38 PM

I absolutely love this pattern!

sharon b 08-01-2009 12:47 PM

Love the pattern and colors. It looks different from every direction and seems to flow in either waves or circles. Will have to go look at connecting threads !
Sharon

nativetexan 08-01-2009 02:01 PM

I see the blue corners but they aren't bad because they help pull the light blue color out into the borders. so think on removing them a bit more. perhaps you could make the blue into a sq within a square? I'd still like to see that blue out there somewhere. or maybe just use that blue for the binding.

BlueChicken 08-01-2009 02:05 PM

That's gorgeous!

I agree about the blue corners though, the colour is right but the squares are too solid, too plain, when there's so much movement and pattern in everything else.

I would use the blue fabric still, but break the corners up into smaller pieces along with the brown. Mimicing (sp) some of the movement from the body of the quilt would be cool.