Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One great fabric/quilt store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-great-fabric-quilt-store-t11511.html)

HisSunshine 09-23-2008 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Belinda
I WOULD wash the squares especially if they are darker colors. Just hand wash them in the sink and lay them out to dry. Better safe than sorry. I was very sorry when I first started quilting , didn't wash some dark green fabric, put it in a wallhanging for daughter and the dark green color bled into the surrounding cream fabric. I was so sick about it!!!

They're all light pastels, so I'm not worried about colors bleeding really. They're all cotton fabrics, so I'm more concerned about shrinking than anything. Maybe this quilt will just have that crinkly look.

nor'easter 09-23-2008 05:06 AM

What a great haul you made! :-) I can totally understand the "shock and awe" when you first enter the doors at Keepsake. Still happens to me every time I go!

Beachlady, what are you waiting for? Consider yourself personally invited and get on over here. It's Route 1 to 22 to 25, simple as can be...75 miles, tops...and great foliage all along the way!!

Last time I was there, a man gave me $200 in cash and asked me to buy a gift certificate for his wife. He was afraid she would catch him at the register and he wanted it to be a surprise for her birthday. I bet she was plenty surprised!!

salisaquilter 09-23-2008 06:26 AM

I love keepsake Quilting. Been there several times. Each time I emptied my pockets. lol
That is where I bought my paper pcs kits.
You need to have a couple of hours to brouse... and then you can go to the knit shop and the craft shop. Oh. maybe a day would do it.
Glad you had the chance to enjoy.... :wink:

Quilting Aggi 09-23-2008 06:34 AM

Nice haul Hissunshine!

I reeeeeally love the fall fabrics! If you don't have anything in mind for them, and just can't find the room to put them somewhere, I will GLADLY take them off your hands!!! :)

Bevanger 09-23-2008 07:02 AM

I've sewn since I was 6. I've never prewashed fabs, but then thats me.
I sure love your fabrics..... GREAT BUY! :thumbup:

HisSunshine 09-23-2008 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by salisaquilter
I love keepsake Quilting. Been there several times. Each time I emptied my pockets. lol
That is where I bought my paper pcs kits.
You need to have a couple of hours to brouse... and then you can go to the knit shop and the craft shop. Oh. maybe a day would do it.
Glad you had the chance to enjoy.... :wink:

I told hubby next time we were in the area he'll just have to drop me off in the morning and come pick me up when the store closes. :) I'd LOVE to spend an entire day in there...with enough money to spend of course. I'd gladly take a $200 gift card. haha

reneebobby 09-23-2008 08:38 AM

Very nice fabric. I don't pre wash (hate the idea) but I did see on some quilting show if you don't want to prewash iron with the steam on and that will pre shrink your fabric. But you need alot of steam so maybe mist if you don't have an expensive steam iron.

HisSunshine 09-23-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Very nice fabric. I don't pre wash (hate the idea) but I did see on some quilting show if you don't want to prewash iron with the steam on and that will pre shrink your fabric. But you need alot of steam so maybe mist if you don't have an expensive steam iron.

Ooo that's a great idea. Thanks!! :)

Boston1954 09-29-2008 06:59 AM

I lived in the next state and never got up there. I am so bummed.

Beautiful stash.