Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pictures of my booth yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pictures-my-booth-yesterday-t12858.html)

mrsj82 11-03-2008 09:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So these are pictures of my booth at the craft fair yesterday. I was right next to the garbage can...and I only sold one little pillow for a grand total profit of $3. Anyway, take a look and let mek now what you think.

babeegirl 11-03-2008 09:43 AM

I think your items are lovely:)

Mplsgirl 11-03-2008 09:48 AM

I really don't understand why you didn't sell more?

Moonpi 11-03-2008 09:53 AM

I think that says more about the economy than your stuff.

bearpaw 11-03-2008 09:54 AM

Sorry you didn't sell more. I think your work looks great.

Quilt4u 11-03-2008 10:00 AM

Great looking booth.

Paganquilter 11-03-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
So these are pictures of my booth at the craft fair yesterday. I was right next to the garbage can...and I only sold one little pillow for a grand total profit of $3. Anyway, take a look and let mek now what you think.

What beautiful items! :-) It's too bad about your location, though. That really stinks.

What can help sometimes, too, is organizing items on your table by size and type, to make it easier for potential customers to browse. :-) Hope this helps in the future!

*wishes she could equal your skill*

tlrnhi 11-03-2008 03:36 PM

Your table looks fine to me! My table was VERY crowded. I had my mice piled on top of each other on the end, then layed some of the runners over the edge of the table with some folded on top, then next to that was my pillowcases. That was the front of the table.
In the middlish part behind the mice, I had some of my totes, then the soft books, a few more totes, then my towels. That pretty much took up the rest of the table. Behind my chair I had a rack that hung my quilts and more of my totes. It looked really crowded, but that was the best I could do. I only had a 6ft table, which cost me $65.
Hubby suggested that next year, I find a hat/coat rack to hand my totes, that would take some of the crowdedness off the table.
I really do think it was/is the economy and what people are looking for in different areas.
I'm just sad for you that you didn't sell more. Your things are beautiful!

Jim's Gem 11-03-2008 03:44 PM

I think your table looked great! I'm so sorry that your items didn't sell. The only thing that I personally would have done differently is have a place behind you where you could hang up a couple of items. I say that cause I made myself a display screen that I could do that on. Then folks can see some of your items from across the room. Of course, it would mean that you would have to find a place to store your display rack!! I have several display shelves and racks taking up space in my garage!!

sewjoyce 11-03-2008 04:55 PM

I don't know what was wrong with the people in your area -- were you in Nashville??

I love that blue necklace that was on the corner of your table. How much?