Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pictures of my Favorite Star Blocks (from Star Block Patterns Tutorial) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pictures-my-favorite-star-blocks-star-block-patterns-tutorial-t42307.html)

danmar 04-10-2010 09:30 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody! I have gotten so many nice comments and compliments on the "Star Block Patterns and Some Other Ideas" tutorial, that I decided to post some pictures of some of the star blocks that I made from those patterns. I love star blocks. They are my favorite. Hope you like them.

Marilyn

The top star is the Northumberland Star. It was my 22nd star to be made. 6-27-09 The bottom star is called "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too". It was my 27th star block. I made it on 6-28-09.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52015[/ATTACH]

The 13th and 14th blocks that I made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52237[/ATTACH]

The 1st and 15th blocks that I made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52238[/ATTACH]

These are the 20th and 21st blocks that I made. I loved the Missouri Star but it was a paper piecing pattern. I don't paper piece. But I really wanted to make one, so I did, without paper piecing. I just made it the same way I make every other block. It turned out really great anyways.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52239[/ATTACH]

Rebecca VLQ 04-10-2010 09:44 AM

Marilyn...they seriously make me want to weep. They're beautiful. Really. Really. You're such a gem for sharing them...it's just what I needed!

SaraSewing 04-10-2010 09:55 AM

I've always loved Carolyns Star, and you did it so nicely!

GrannyW5 04-10-2010 03:38 PM

They are all stunning. Thanks for sharing

bopeep 04-10-2010 03:41 PM

WOW...All those are BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

Eagle Hawk 04-10-2010 03:45 PM

I love your stars so much and am now working on my 3rd Carpenter's Star from your directions, only I have now enlarged the 2nd 2 to a 32 inch block.. It is my favorite, too, but I love them all since I have learned to do stars. I can't get enough of them now. Thank you for sharing and thanks again for the directions you posted.

raynhamquilter 04-10-2010 04:16 PM

WoW--your blocks are beautiful and I love your colors! Thanks for the inspiration.

dkabasketlady 04-10-2010 04:21 PM

Marilyn, you do such great work and have an eye for color!!

danmar 04-10-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
I love your stars so much and am now working on my 3rd Carpenter's Star from your directions, only I have now enlarged the 2nd 2 to a 32 inch block.. It is my favorite, too, but I love them all since I have learned to do stars. I can't get enough of them now. Thank you for sharing and thanks again for the directions you posted.

Hi Eagle Hawk! Thank you sooo much! I am glad that you like these stars and the Carpenter's Star block and pattern. I want to see the Carpenter's Stars that you made!!! Please post some pictures! And you are quite welcome for the directions.

Marilyn

ScrapQuilter 04-10-2010 04:55 PM

All of your blocks are beautiful....... but I have to agree with you the carpenter's star is my farorite too.
Will have to try that pattern.

Thanks for sharing. Happy Quilting