Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pumpkin Stack Halloween Wall Hanging top that everyone has helped me with. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pumpkin-stack-halloween-wall-hanging-top-everyone-has-helped-me-t27244.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the top before I put the borders on. This is the project I had so much trouble getting enlarged to print out.
This is the same one that I have basted at this point, and it needs to be re-basted because of puckers.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I hand-dyed the background fabric and the yellow for the eyes/nose/mouth. Since I've gotten the borders on, it looks much better.

My Pumpkin Stack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53297[/ATTACH]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 04:23 PM

I used varigated thread to sew around all the appliques. I used orange around the pumpkins and green around the leaves.

Pzazz 10-17-2009 04:23 PM

I love it!!!!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
I love it!!!!!

Thank you very much! :D I love your detour/scenery quote in your sig!

Pzazz 10-17-2009 04:41 PM

[detour/scenery quote] I like it because it suits me so well. Any time I get off on a wrong route somehow, I like to think of it as an adventure. :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 05:01 PM

[detour/scenery quote] I like it because it suits me so well. Any time I get off on a wrong route somehow, I like to think of it as an adventure. :D

We often take the backroads just for fun. There is so much we miss by staying on the main highways sometimes. It's amazing what you can see out there. Usually, the time we make is just as good as or better than highway time because it cuts out a lot of traffic problems. :D

Pzazz 10-17-2009 05:06 PM

Ditto on the backroads...My hubby prefers the interstates when available...I would just as soon take the smaller highways.

Posting question...I have tried, but can't figure out how to put a quote in that nice little box. Tips, pls? Thx :)

ladybugquilter 10-17-2009 05:10 PM

Great job!!! You should be proud. I love the fabric and can't believe you dyed it yourself. What did you use for the fabric? Again great job.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 05:49 PM

Ditto on the backroads...My hubby prefers the interstates when available...I would just as soon take the smaller highways.

Posting question...I have tried, but can't figure out how to put a quote in that nice little box. Tips, pls? Thx :)

Above each person's new post, there is a light blue line...right above your screen name...follow it all the way across to the top right corner at each person's new post there is a "quote" button. Just click it. Did that make sense?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-17-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ladybugquilter
Great job!!! You should be proud. I love the fabric and can't believe you dyed it yourself. What did you use for the fabric? Again great job.

Thanks! It means so much to hear these compliments. I LOVE dying fabric! The fabric I dyed was just some white muslin.