Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   QUILTING WEEKEND WHAT TO BRING (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-weekend-what-bring-t96003.html)

peaceandjoy 02-02-2011 06:11 AM

Be sure to bring your sewing machine's manual, feet, and power cord.

Extra rotary blades

Iron cleaner, esp. if you are into applique or do a lot of pressing.

The one I go to every year is held in a hotel that puts a fabric table cloth over the tables (the tables are nice, sturdy wood ones - but the wood is kind of rough). Experience has taught me to bring an inexpensive vinyl table cloth to put over the fabric one - makes cleanup easier. One w/ as little pattern as possible so you can see what you are looking for, though! I like to clean up each evening and after lunches.

A chair cushion - the one I bring is pretty thick and in addition to providing comfort for the bottom, it raises me a bit.

Hope you have lots of fun! Please let us know how it goes.

obxqwlter 02-02-2011 06:11 AM

A pillow or cushion for your chair..all retreats have terrible chairs!

slstitcher 02-02-2011 06:12 AM

Sounds so fun, I envy you. It's nice to have your stuff cut before you go and then you are ready to sew when you get there. Saves lots of time.

olmphoto2 02-02-2011 06:27 AM

Did someone mention extra rotary blades?

Also, you might want to consider doing something outside your regular comfort zone once you get there. It maybe a new technigue that looks very 'doable'. So consider things like applique pressing cloths (actually, I usually use parchment paper), paper cutting scizzors, old rotary blades marked 'paper', basting glue, etc. Think of things you bought in the past but haven't gotten around to using for whatever reason.

Gramakitten 02-02-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter

Originally Posted by spinnergs
Machine, small iron, pins, seam ripper, cutting/ironing matt, extra machine needles, hand sewing needles, scissors, threads, rotary cutter, seam ripper, refrigerator .......

And above all, don't forget to take your fabric or projects to work on!!!

--------------------------------------
Don't take more projects than you will use in a weekend. You will go home and think that you didn.t accomplish anything. AND you will find other things that you want to do instead. GO project lite. I retreat at least once a month and that is the best suggestion that I know.

rosemaynes 02-02-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella
Wine....and quilting stuff...

I love this answer. I'm going on a 3 day sew retreat in April and I'm going to tell everyone that as per the quilt board that I belong to, "wine" is the first thing on the list. :thumbup: love it. :thumbup:

moonwork42029 02-02-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
One Dollar bills & coins

Have fun

What are the dollar bills for?

In case the Chippendale dancers are in town?.....LOL

Hey, quilters are a wild bunch!

Actually for tips / sodas & those small things we treasure

BizzieLizzie 02-02-2011 02:23 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) :thumbup: :wink: ;)

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

jljack 02-02-2011 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by tellabella
Wine....and quilting stuff...

Exactly!!! ;) ;) :lol:

stacey65 02-02-2011 02:41 PM

thanks ladies for all the ideas.. the best is the WINE!!