Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

Dragonfly Nana 08-25-2012 05:36 PM

Hi all - I met MsCupid804 from here on the board today. What a great time we had coffee, lunch, and then shopping! I picked up a second fabric to use on Judith's center. I did not have enough of the "perfect" fabric in my stash so I bought more and now I can start sewing tomorrow. Yeah.
I also found what I think will be a great fabric for Tam..moo's center. I get hers for the 7" round so will wait until I have it to be sure.

Judith1005 08-25-2012 06:43 PM

Paula, that is so awesome. It is so much fun to meet other QBr's. And shopping to boot. What's not to like. :) I'm glad my flimsy is whispering words of encouragement and being good. Have a Happy Sunday everyone!!

Judith1005 08-25-2012 06:51 PM

Jillnjo, I have seen some pretty amazing round robin quilts here in the quilt board archives. Simple sometimes "just" works. And, I'm sure if we really wanted to add in a fabric from someone else's round...we could ask if they have any left. But, it is pretty amazing how they just seem to come together with or without keeping the same fabrics in each round. Sometimes the neutral color in each round binds them together. (In several of the flimsy's white is a constant neutral.)Try not to think to far past one round at a time. :) It's all going to come out great.

Keep me posted on the status of your furr babies. I'm sure when the time is right, you will welcome into your home the perfect furr baby to love that will just "fit". I can't imagine life without mine.

I have the two dogs and a cat (Who lives in the guest bedroom. She has issues. She was my daughters cat from when she was much younger. About 13 years.) And, my mom has 2 german shepards and 2 humongous cats. Mine is teeny in comparison. Sometimes, it is a very full house. lol :)

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5466160)
Judith, I love furry friends,too! We don't have a house pet now. We have 2 Jack Russell mixed breed dogs outside and they do come in on the tile in the cold evenings. They wouldn't even want in now. I love them both, but would enjoy a house dog. We once had a Shitzu that did not shed and I am ready for another dog, preferably a non-shedder, but I know hubby isn't overly excited about it, although I could talk my way into it!! :D

Karen, I have the first round completed on your star!! I am happy with how it looks. I could add a bit to it, but beautiful quilting may do more than anything I'd add! One thing I find hard is knowing that the fabrics we each choose will most likely not be added in succeeding rounds and I'm not used to designing a quilt or choosing fabrics without seeing the whole quilt in my mind. So I tend to want to keep it simple. (not that that is always right) A learning curve for me.

Do we send on now, or wait to closer to the deadline? Nancy

Judith1005 08-27-2012 03:06 PM

Hi Robinettes, I found an older thread with lots of pictures for RR's if you'd like some more inspiration.http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...rs-t59819.html

Dragonfly Nana 08-27-2012 03:42 PM

Very cool Judith Thank you

missgigglewings 08-27-2012 06:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Robinettes! I just got finished with my 3rd Round Robin and thought I would post my quilts for you all! Everyone who worked on these beauties has my heartfelt gratitude for their talent and creativity!

Dancing Cranes...just finished Roaming Rounds

Cosmic Dreams- finished last year

Chocolate Star- finished last month

Judith1005 08-27-2012 06:38 PM

Oh wow, Miss Gigglewings, These are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your treasures! Love, Love, Love!

jillnjo 08-28-2012 05:07 AM

They are all great!!! What fun you must have had putting rounds on everyone's quilt!

Judith1005 09-05-2012 01:31 PM

Jillnjo, I can't find if I posted and let you know I DID receive Yaya's quilt flimsy. (I'm sorry!) I have finished with your flimsy Jillnjo. I LOVE how it came out. I hope you do too. Paula, when your ready to receive Jillnjo's flimsy, just let me know. (I know it is very early.) And, I do need to journal Jillnjo's flimsy's stay at my house. So, not quite ready to pass it on. But, almost. :) I hope you ladies are having a good week. :)

jillnjo 09-06-2012 05:15 AM

Judith, I did check online and saw that it had been delivered, so I wasn't worried! But I am glad I could track it's progress to your house. My week has been nice and slow for once!