Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Batik Baby quilt all done and my first attempt using a long arm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-batik-baby-quilt-all-done-my-first-attempt-using-long-arm-t117665.html)

deplaylady 04-20-2011 10:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished the binding on my "Little Trip to Bali" baby quilt for my dd's baby shower (a week from this Saturday.) I quilted it today using a long arm machine -I wasn't expecting to, but last week at our local shop hop one of the shops demo'd the long arms and I signed up to rent time on one. The whole process took me so much less time from set to to the actual quilting - and I had a great time! I would be still working on the fmq if I hadn't rented the machine. My daughter had also requested books at her shower - I decided to make one of those fabric panel books (also a first for me), just to be sure I wouldn't duplicate a book someone else might give her.

Close-up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187036[/ATTACH]

Little Golden Book - Saggy baggy Elephant
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187037[/ATTACH]

Little Trip to Bali
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187038[/ATTACH]

craftybear 04-20-2011 10:26 PM

I love the baby quilt, thanks for sharing

now you need to get busy and make more quilts so you can use the long arm

deplaylady 04-20-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear

I was thinking that - I had so much fun doing it, I started thinking about different designs to try. I was almost disappointed when I got to the last bit and realized I was done!

craftybear 04-20-2011 10:37 PM

you will have so much fun, and I know a longarm lady and she puts 2 valor quilts on the longarm at the same time and gets 2 done fast

Originally Posted by deplaylady

Originally Posted by craftybear

I was thinking that - I had so much fun doing it, I started thinking about different designs to try. I was almost disappointed when I got to the last bit and realized I was done!

CoventryUK 04-21-2011 12:00 AM

A really special quilt and the book is a lovely idea!!

earthwalker 04-21-2011 01:35 AM

You did a beautiful job with this (love the book too...that brings back some special memories). I am guessing there may be a long-arm in your future!

dpparris 04-21-2011 01:37 AM

Beautiful Quilt.

justlooking 04-21-2011 03:05 AM

Great job!

debcavan 04-21-2011 03:22 AM

The quilt is beautiful. My wish for everyone is that if they like to do the quilting, that they have their own longarm. I know that is impossible. But I would love it for those who would enjoy it. When I first was on a longarm, I found it four times faster than my little machine. Your freemotion is beautiful. What a great idea to make a fabric book. And it is about elephants to go with your quilt, that is so cute

Scrap Happy 04-21-2011 03:27 AM

It's beautiful!! :thumbup: The baby elephants are adorable!