Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   sewing room make over!! Before and after photos. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-room-make-over-before-after-photos-t12616.html)

barnbum 10-26-2008 09:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My sewing room is small. Mark says he could never work in there, but I assure him it's cozy. :wink: However, it seems I've outgrown it, and I blame the craft sale prep. There's a possibility it has something to do with a love of buying fabrics? Nah. :roll:

My daughter said to take her bedroom, but she's only 18 and even if she works away from home summers, she'll still be back for long breaks from school. So, after careful planning, I decided the only option was to swap the small bookshelf for two larger ones. It did the trick!! :D I'm so pleased with the results. And the book shelves were under $30 each at Wal-Mart. I bought two for my classroom this summer.

There's one small window that faces south, but I keep the curtains pulled all the time.

Here are the before shots... after to follow.

barnbum 10-26-2008 09:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
After!!!! :D :D :D

What went on the bookcase are kid fabrics,
flannel
cut up flannel blocks
batiks
CW fabrics
large pattern flowers etc that don't fit in a color category
there's a pile of unfinished Talk-About-Quilts
a small pile of fabrics I wanted to keep together
a shelf with notebooks of patterns and sale price tags stuff
one open shelf with scissors, rulers etc
bottom has books and magazines
other bottom has all patterns in a basket, along with Wonder Under, photo sheets, etc.

I'm sure I'll rearrange as needed, but this works for now!!

barnbum 10-26-2008 10:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
More....

We may take the file cabinet out, but it does help to have it there.

The other picture is a coat tree I use for UFOs. Those are the keepers that won't go to the sale... so they aren't a priority.

Quilt4u 10-26-2008 10:02 AM

Wow!!!! What a stach. Love your sewing room.

Mamagus 10-26-2008 10:07 AM

Lovely make over and the daughter's room is intact (for a few more years! :wink: )

Making use of the vertical space in sewing room is essential! And tall book shelves always are a good idea!

Nice job!

barnbum 10-26-2008 10:15 AM

Making use of the vertical space in sewing room is essential!
I agree! I had used the space for a design wall, but haven't needed one in years.

PamH 10-26-2008 10:41 AM

Lokks great Karla, you have it very neat and organized

mgshaw 10-26-2008 11:01 AM

Wow! What a difference that made!!! Your room looks bigger!!!! I have been sitting in my sewing room most of the morning alternating between sewing and just staring around the room, trying to figure out what to do to mine to make more room!!! I might have to get some of those bookcases!!!
Looks great Karla!

sewnsewer2 10-26-2008 11:55 AM

Good job! The book cases make all the difference.

fabricluvr 10-26-2008 01:37 PM

wow! huge difference! i'm trying to do the same thing with adjustable shelves. need to get serious about it! you have WAAAAYYYYYYY more fabric than i do! i'm jealous! i thought i had a lot!

i bet that was fun getting in there and folding and organizing! that's my favorite part!