Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   SID Question fjor LadyBug Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sid-question-fjor-ladybug-quilt-t39477.html)

Bill'sBonBon 03-13-2010 06:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone, I have been so busy,No time to get on here. This LadyBug quilt has to be done before Thursday the 18th. I just finished putting borders on tonight. This is going to be a Baby Quilt for the Floor,or whatever she decides. I want to SID on the sashes. I Believe it makes for a more sturdyer quilt. Then stipple the Lady Bugs. Plus Quilting something simple in the Blank Blocks. Probably a Flower.
The problem is I pressed open the seams. If I hadn't it would have been kinda bulky. So I need some input. Could I stay in the seam and do a SID or follow the 1/4" seam allowance all around each Block. Which would look the best. I will stencil on the Blank Blocks tomorrow and want to get it sandwiched and ready to quilt by Monday. WHEEE!!!
BillsBonBon

Lady Bug Quilt Top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8541[/ATTACH]

Closer View
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8542[/ATTACH]

Single Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8547[/ATTACH]

littlehud 03-13-2010 06:40 PM

That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.

amma 03-13-2010 06:45 PM

You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D

janRN 03-13-2010 06:59 PM

What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.

redquilter 03-13-2010 07:24 PM

I like Amma's suggestion also. And I think it's a darling quilt.

littlehud 03-13-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by amma
You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D

I like that idea. It would help to strengthen the seams.

Bill'sBonBon 03-14-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by amma

amma is this a stitch on the machine or do you just do the S shape yourself. I have looked on both my machines. There are different ones that go across but I coudn't find one that looked like an S. BillsBonBon

Bill'sBonBon 03-14-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.

I do have the twin needles and If I cant come up with amma's suggestion whitch I do like then I will probably go that way. Thanks for the Suggestion. I sometimes forget I have twin needles. BillsBonBon

Bill'sBonBon 03-14-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.

Thank you littlehud. I am going to try the other 2 on a practise block and if not satisfied just do the Quarter inch and be done with it. I don't have much time to complete it. today I will have it sandwiched and tomorrow I pray I will be able to start quilting. BillsBonBon

n2scraplvr 03-14-2010 11:41 AM

I love your quilt!! I like the idea of stitching 1/4" away from the seam. I like the puff created and visible in the quilt. BOL with what you decide! It'll look great! :D :D