Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: SID Question fjor LadyBug Quilt

Hello Everyone, I have been so busy,No time to get on here. This LadyBug quilt has to be done before Thursday the 18th. I just finished putting borders on tonight. This is going to be a Baby Quilt for the Floor,or whatever she decides. I want to SID on the sashes. I Believe it makes for a more sturdyer quilt. Then stipple the Lady Bugs. Plus Quilting something simple in the Blank Blocks. Probably a Flower.
    The problem is I pressed open the seams. If I hadn't it would have been kinda bulky. So I need some input. Could I stay in the seam and do a SID or follow the 1/4" seam allowance all around each Block. Which would look the best. I will stencil on the Blank Blocks tomorrow and want to get it sandwiched and ready to quilt by Monday. WHEEE!!!
    BillsBonBon

Lady Bug Quilt Top
    Name:  Attachment-8541.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  95.2 KB

Closer View
    Name:  Attachment-8542.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  55.6 KB

Single Block
    Name:  Attachment-8547.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  67.3 KB

That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.

Blog Entries
    You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D

What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.

I like Amma's suggestion also. And I think it's a darling quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You can also use a S or serpentine stitch over the seams, it is decorative and would catch enough of both sides to be sturdy. I use this on the Downy quilts a lot for this reason :D:D:D
    I like that idea. It would help to strengthen the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    amma is this a stitch on the machine or do you just do the S shape yourself. I have looked on both my machines. There are different ones that go across but I coudn't find one that looked like an S. BillsBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    What a cute quilt. I like Amma's suggestion of a serpentine stitch. Another thought is to use the "twin needles"-the ones for top-stitching and go down both sides of the seams in one motion (does that make sense?) Please post after you quilt it-I'd like to see it finished. And good luck getting it finished on time.
    I do have the twin needles and If I cant come up with amma's suggestion whitch I do like then I will probably go that way. Thanks for the Suggestion. I sometimes forget I have twin needles. BillsBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    That is such a cute quilt. Love the ladybugs. I would stitch 1/4 inch away from the seam. I love that quilt.
    Thank you littlehud. I am going to try the other 2 on a practise block and if not satisfied just do the Quarter inch and be done with it. I don't have much time to complete it. today I will have it sandwiched and tomorrow I pray I will be able to start quilting. BillsBonBon

I love your quilt!! I like the idea of stitching 1/4" away from the seam. I like the puff created and visible in the quilt. BOL with what you decide! It'll look great! :D :D

I'd do the quarter inch stitch all around, maybe in primary colored varigated thread.

cute

How cute is that quilt? Oh that little baby is going to love that. You have such nice straight, neat looking seams.
    Please, when you are finished, post another picture for all of us to enjoy and be jealous of.
    Mom of Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of seven
    How cute is that quilt? Oh that little baby is going to love that. You have such nice straight, neat looking seams.
    Please, when you are finished, post another picture for all of us to enjoy and be jealous of.
    Mom of Seven
    Hi Mom of seven, I did finsh it here is the link,I think it turned out pretty good, I am going to get one of those Ladybug pillows I have been seeing on TV. it velcor underneath, fastened it is a Ladybug stuffed toy,unfasten and it is a pillow.
    thanks for the compliment, seams are good but that stitch in the ditch is more out than in was in a hurry. Baby won't care. LOL!!! BillsBonBon
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41390-1.htm