Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Struggling with this - need opinions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/struggling-need-opinions-please-t112267.html)

CoriAmD 03-31-2011 08:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am getting really frustrated with the "log cabin" variation quilt I am making. I have the top all done and was ready to sandwich and quilt.
My daughter stopped by the other night and said it looks like I have "swasticas" all over it!!!! She suggested I applique something in the center of the 4 patch block to hide that look. Here are two photos....
First one is the block consisting of 4 log cabin blocks.
Second photo I have laid the applique on the center (I don't really like this look) Now what do I do?? I kinda saw the "swastica" too but thought after I did the quilting it wouldn't be so obvious. Please help! :(

log cabin 4 blocks to the section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177782[/ATTACH]

log cabin with applique laying on center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177783[/ATTACH]

dpparris 03-31-2011 08:12 AM

maybe use the tan flowered fabric to make a block for the centetrr.

CoriAmD 03-31-2011 08:18 AM

My DH just told me to just go ahead and quilt it as it is.... He said it will be fine. I think that is what I am going to do... stop driving myself crazy over this! If I don't like it when it's done, I will donate it - someone needy will be happy to have it.
It was supposed to be a wedding gift for my niece next summer, so I still have plenty of time to make another one for her.
I don't think I have ever struggled with ANY quilt as much as I am with this one! :?

oatw13 03-31-2011 08:23 AM

I don't see that when I look at your quilt. I think it is very nice. If you like it that way, then quilt it as it. You have done a beautiful job. :)

icon17 03-31-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
Hi, I am getting really frustrated with the "log cabin" variation quilt I am making. I have the top all done and was ready to sandwich and quilt.
My daughter stopped by the other night and said it looks like I have "swasticas" all over it!!!! She suggested I applique something in the center of the 4 patch block to hide that look. Here are two photos....
Second photo I have laid the applique on the center (I don't really like this look) Now what do I do?? I kinda saw the "swastica" too but thought after I did the quilting it wouldn't be so obvious. Please help! :(

If you were to put the blocks together with the lite fabric in the center instead of the dark the swastikas would not show. 8-)

hatchet 03-31-2011 08:24 AM

Did you know originally the "swastika" was a religious symbol?? The Nazi's adopted it and perverted it, so in my opinion you are just giving it back a little class!!

kem77 03-31-2011 08:26 AM

I think it is beautiful. The butterfly can go in random spots just to throw you eyes off but I like them in the small green squares. You did a nice job with this one. :)

icon17 03-31-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD

Also my hubby said nazi ones turn right to left BUT the Amercan Indians turn Left to right 8-)

icon17 03-31-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by hatchet
Did you know originally the "swastika" was a religious symbol?? The Nazi's adopted it and perverted it, so in my opinion you are just giving it back a little class!!

Yes Hitler preverted most everything, as most all true evil will.

LoriEl 03-31-2011 09:42 AM

I wouldn't have thought of them either but you brought it up. Most people wouldn't notice unless you tell them.