Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Those dreaded pot holders.....Done!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/those-dreaded-pot-holders-done-t47743.html)

sandpat 05-31-2010 05:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My grandmother called the other day....she tells me that she is hosting a reunion at her place soon and she has tried everyway she can think of to have something "special" made up and its just tooo expensive. Could I please.......well, it turned out to be 24 hot pads (which I didn't know how to make since I don't know how to sew :roll: )...So I finally figured it out and I think they turned out to be pretty cute in the end....whadda ya' think?

All 24 showing the backs too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76192[/ATTACH]

"the one with the kids"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76193[/ATTACH]

A few more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76194[/ATTACH]

QuiltingGrannie 05-31-2010 05:38 AM

They look GREAT to me! Who says you don't know how to sew??????
Is the heart design and date embroidered on?

I even like the date of the reunion.....my birthday!!!

Kathy N 05-31-2010 05:39 AM

Very cute!!!

CarrieAnne 05-31-2010 05:47 AM

Oh, those are AWESOME! Everyone will love them!

CAROLJ 05-31-2010 05:53 AM

Cute potholders, great idea. A lot of nice work.

ginnie6 05-31-2010 06:03 AM

dh has been wanting me to do a quilt for one of our reunions but I just haven't come up with a good way to do one. he was thinking signatures...but who gets the quilt and all that? These are an awesome idea though! I just showed him the pic and he likes this idea! So I'm going to borrow this idea if you don't mind. Oh and your reunion is on dh's birthday!

Tiffany 05-31-2010 06:06 AM

I think they turned out pretty nifty Pat. I imagine they'll be a big hit and the first time someone accidentally burns one, you'll hear the tears from across the country. Your grandmother is going to be thrilled. :-D

dglvr 05-31-2010 06:07 AM

You don't know how to sew?????????????? Well I guess you can't say that now can ya. They turned out wonderful. Good for you. Now, you wanna make me 1? I don't use my good ones they are just decorations in my kitchen.
Great job. :thumbup:

Lynn Luker 05-31-2010 06:36 AM

What a fantastic idea! Everyone can always use a potholder, and one with a memory is great. You did a lovely job on them. Three years ago we had an informal reunion of my husband's kids and grands. I took some plain muslin squares and had everyone decorate as they pleased. For some of the littler ones we traced their handprints and let them scribble. I made it into a 'Grandpa's Quilt' (using prints that had some meaning to the family in between the muslin ones) and have it on our guest bed. I've taken to to show the kids a couple times what they did and how they've grown. Have a wonderful reunion! Your potholders will be a big hit!

Butterflyblue 05-31-2010 06:40 AM

Those are so cute! I like to make potholders out of my orphan and "test" blocks. They make good gifts, because people aren't so picky about the colors, etc. of something that will just get stained and burned anyway, and you can always use a new potholder.