Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tonights Wally finds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tonights-wally-finds-t6490.html)

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 07:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have some great stash my SS helped me pick out at Wally tonight. These are all $1 and $2 a yard

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 07:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 07:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and some more

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 08:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and some more

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one I Promise

cutebuns 04-24-2008 08:19 PM

Those are great, I wonder if they have them here?

c2cd2008 04-24-2008 08:36 PM

Were in Mississippi, and most of these I had not seen before But I do know that for some reason from Wally World to Wally World it does vary, because at the one West of me I can get Ole Miss and Miss State fabrics but cannot get John Deere Fabrics, however to the north of me I can not get Ole Miss but can get the John Deere. If I go to the East the selections are 100% different and each one of those stores are within an hours drive of me.

Barb M 04-24-2008 08:37 PM

Wow, those are really nice :)

cutebuns 04-24-2008 09:17 PM

being in Canada we get different things than you do, sometimes. I worked for wally world for 2 years and know a little how it works. They are supposed to cater to the suroundings, they mostly carry the same thing with slight differences. I am going to have to call and see if they have them. The one closest right now doesn't have that good of fabric dept. The one I worked at has a better one. I could use more for my stash. I have a bunch of quilts to do before Aug.

patricej 04-25-2008 01:15 AM

if not for wally world, my stash would be 1/10th it's present volume. as the selection dwindles in our local ww fab department, the ratio is changing. now it's my wallet that's 1/10th the original volume because i have to shop online so much more often. :lol:

a few words to the wise, though, about the dollar stuff. if it wasn't marked down to $1, prewash. also throw together a test block, quilt it to a scrap backing, and test wash it. most of the time, the dollar stuff will hold up just fine, but it will usually shrink a little. and every once in a while, you'll run into one that can't survive a machine wash with a 1/4" seam. (i once put in a beeeeutiful quilt, but pulled out a hideous wad.)

that only happened once, out of all the many quilts i've made that had at least some of the dollar stuff in it, but i still keep it in mind when shopping the stash for a project. i tend to consider it primarily for backings now, but that's because i'm too lazy to do the test blocks. although ... it just occurred to me that the test block could be used to make a coordinating pillow so the time isn't really "wasted" after all, is it? :lol:

every other fabric i've purchased at wally world has performed like a champ. no shrinking; no bearding; never runs - not even the reddest reds. judging from some of the posts i've read here, you cannot say the same of all the expensive stuff. apparently, no matter how much you spend, there's still that little bit of risk that you'll get something sub-standard. go figure. :roll: