Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   update on Spiked with Color. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/update-spiked-color-t24683.html)

hawghugger 08-26-2009 06:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Still not finished, but, I have gotten a lot sewn in the past week, but, still have a lot to go. Hubby wants this one and he wants it for our KING size bed, wouldn't you know it???? So, you can see in one of the pics of the top on the bed, I am not close to being finished. Not sure if I want to add more spikes, add more single blocks, or, add some curved flying geese. What do think would look good???????? He wants it on point, (this is the first on point quilt top I have attemped and he doesn't know the work that goes into them) he likes the way it looks, so, that's what he's getting. Hey, it's the least I can do for him, he NEVER, NEVER says anything about the material I drag in everytime I go to the store. He's a keeper.
Anyway, what are your thoughts on filling in the corners??? I can use all the help I can get.
Can't wait to hear your ideas.

spiked with color 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46264[/ATTACH]

Close up shot. I love all the colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46270[/ATTACH]

spiked with color on bed showing how much is still to be done....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46272[/ATTACH]

joeyoz 08-26-2009 06:52 PM

OMG! That is beautiful. I have not been brave enough to try paper piecing yet, but will someday. I have such a Batik fetish. Every fabric store I go in to I have to go look at the Batiks. Such beautiful colors in your quilt. I just love it.

Joey

hawghugger 08-26-2009 06:55 PM

If I can do it, you can do it. This is my first PP quilt. Like they say........try it, you'll like it.

ai731 08-26-2009 06:58 PM

It's gorgeous! I love it! And I know so little about quilting that I can't offer any suggestions, except that a curved flying geese border sounds Really Cool!

Jan

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 08-26-2009 07:05 PM

That is gorgeous!!!!

I know how much work all those little blocks are, I'm working on the same kind of blocks for an exchange. My center is going to be 24"x24", so much smaller than yours, but my blocks are going to be 3 and 6". LOTS of little pieces, but it's worth it :)

ScubaK 08-26-2009 07:06 PM

That is gorgeous!
What pattern are you using and is it very difficult?
K

Jim's Gem 08-26-2009 07:08 PM

WOW, it's gorgeous!!!
I've had my hubby say he liked a quilt top I had made in lap size and asked if I could make it a queen. I'm still working on it. It put it away for 2 years and just pulled it out.

tlrnhi 08-26-2009 07:16 PM

THAT'S BEAUTIFUL!

pal 08-26-2009 07:21 PM

Wow - that is gorgeous!!!!! No wonder Happy Husband wants it!

alaskasunshine 08-26-2009 07:33 PM

You'll love my husband's words..."HOLY CRAP that is cool. She did a great job, look at those points"

That is a wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous quilt! We can hardly wait to see it finished! :D :D :D :D :D