Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Who has the messiest sewing area? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/who-has-messiest-sewing-area-t74798.html)

lizzy 11-07-2010 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just couldn't resist taking a picture of my sewing area this morning after seeing all the nice quilting studios. I am working on Christmas gifts; covering journals, quilted ornaments, bow tuck purses and piecing for a quilt. I can't seem to catch up long enough to put everything away and have a nice clean area to show you. Maybe after Christmas :?:

Messy sewing area.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120144[/ATTACH]

Mary O 11-07-2010 03:08 AM

You win!!!!!!!! LOL

AlwaysQuilting 11-07-2010 03:13 AM

Mine looks the same :lol:

117becca 11-07-2010 03:13 AM

my room is small......but there's stuff all over the floor..

Yarn or Fabric 11-07-2010 03:29 AM

I think I still win. Mine is far more out of control than yours - even on a good day! It is over stuffed, there is no floor except around the sewing machine (yes, I am going to remedy that and soon) and it is just a disaster zone. Yours looks like a showroom compared to mine right now...

I didn't sleep last night and will not be good for much of anything later on today so I might just iron and ruler fold some fabric, get it put away and start to organize a bit. It really needs to be done. It is in such bad shape that I don't even like going in there so it's time - past time - for a good cleaning.

I'll take pictures when I'm done. I'm too embarrassed to post the before shots!

carolaug 11-07-2010 04:02 AM

I do find it a challege to keep my clean. I pack up every thing in a large walk in closet. I am too tired to do it at night so I do it every morning when I wake up.

TheQuiltDaddy 11-07-2010 04:06 AM

Mary,
As a man who loves his quilting and fabric I must say that while you sewing room in need of a transformation mine I feel would make yours look beautiful. I have so much fabric (over 8000 yards stack floor to ceiling in tubs and on the floor itself. I am always working on at least a dozen projects at a time and God help anyone who goes in there to straighten up for me. My wife doesn't understand how I know where something is when I need a fabric for a quilt project. Someday I will grace the message board with a photo (after I clean up the room, HAHA)

cjomomma 11-07-2010 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You have me beat! I thought my little area was a mess but I have changed my mind. LOL!

I am sorry lizzy but I take back what I said. I walked into the livingroom and I swear someone made this mess over night. I don't recall it looking this this when I went to bed last night.

litacats 11-07-2010 04:10 AM

I to am to embarrassed to show my room I have such a small room there is a bed in there somewhere under all the mess, and I to only have enough room to walk from the door to the machine the floor looks like a bomb hit it, the kittens got in there and I couldn't find them for a week, only kidding :lol: but they did get in and anything that was up is now down, they had a ball playng with anything that could fall down and hit the floor.
I do try to keep them out but hubby often stands at the door to talk to me and leaves the door open,

earlylace 11-07-2010 04:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh my, I thought I was the only messy! I am a messy sewer too! I have a path right now to my machine, I keep the door shut. Too busy making stuff for a craft show to clean up! And I am always losing stuff, always looking for my seam ripper!!!!