Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Will the Real 15 clone please stand up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/will-real-15-clone-please-stand-up-t164361.html)

grant15clone 04-09-2015 01:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished a machine today that I would like to share. I got this machine not knowing if I could make it look good again, but I am happy with how it came out. I was afraid that it had a lot of surface rust. I was wrong. It was just some grime. I think it came out great.

Front now that it is done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516412[/ATTACH]

Front before and after.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516413[/ATTACH]

Back before and after.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516414[/ATTACH]

~Grant~

wesing 04-09-2015 02:26 PM

Beautiful Wizard Grant! It reminds me of an old Ford Thunderbird. I always think of cars when I see these machines. I bet it sees as nice as it looks too.

wesing 04-09-2015 03:10 PM

Grant -

Check out post #515 of this thread!

grant15clone 04-09-2015 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by wesing (Post 7159550)
Grant -

Check out post #515 of this thread!

Wesing, That was another machine just like this one that I did too. It was my post.
~Grant~

Annz 04-09-2015 05:41 PM

Love these. Wish I had saved my old one.

wesing 04-09-2015 07:22 PM

Yes I remembered thinking Thunderbird on that post too. I thought it was an older post, but went back and found it and thought it was funny that you had worked on both of these "twins." Do you still have the other one? You should take a few pics of them together if you do.

miriam 08-13-2015 02:17 AM

I worked on an Edison clone yesterday. It was VERY dirty and didn't spin freely. The Edison decal was coming off so I scraped it slightly and got all of it off the used buffing compound and she looks Amish. Once I got it cleaned up enough that it felt ok to touch, I took apart the tension and put in a new spring since the old one was sprung way out of shape. The bobbin area was easy to clean as usual for a clone. Then I took the spring off the bobbin case - I'm so glad I did - just a little bit of nasty dried on oil. The machine needed considerable amounts of oil before it turned very well. When it finally did turn is spins VERY freely. I haven't test sewn yet - it still needs a working motor. Typical clone.

bignan 1935 09-03-2015 08:04 AM

I have a dressmaker Deluxe zigzag made in japan modelswa 2000. I want to know if a walking foot will fit it and what kind because I might try to quilt with it thank you you all are so good to answer questions.

bignan 1935 09-03-2015 08:14 AM

back in th 1960s I bought a Sunflower sewing machine for the cabinet I threw away the machine and I used the cabinet and still do have it the drawers have sunflowers carved in them and the iron legs have sunflowers in them I wish I would have saved the machine but to soon old. Have anyone ever seen a sunflower machine I liked the drawers for the S carving as my name begins with S. I remember the machine as having lots of gold decals on it.

heather1949 09-03-2015 10:05 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing your machines with me :)