Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   WIP.... The Roundup (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wip-roundup-t95148.html)

JAGSD 01-30-2011 04:32 AM

9 Attachment(s)
While I was at my sons basketball practice yesterday I worked on cutting this silhoutte out. This is another one Designed By: Mary Stenros @ Willow Bend Creations and is called "The Roundup".
www.willowbendcreation.com

I decided to try a batik but at this point am a little skeptical if I like it or if I would prefer the black... Anyways,here is it so far...I still have a touch more of the Upper Corral on the left to cut out... and I must say my neck arthritis has started protesting.
This one I will say is a more of challenge with all the little windmill pieces and fence pieces. Definetly a Slow and easy going in cutting...

Pattern is now drawn onto 24" Steam A Seam 2 Lite"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162638[/ATTACH]

Cutting out the Windmill
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162642[/ATTACH]

Close up of windmill
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162643[/ATTACH]

Cutting out some more.. Cowboys and horses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162699[/ATTACH]

The fabric side- Hmmmm......guess we'll see...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162705[/ATTACH]

and yet some more cut out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162775[/ATTACH]

Again the fabric side.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162833[/ATTACH]

and just a little left.. the upper left Corral
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162834[/ATTACH]

The Culprits in this madness...((giggle)) ((giggle)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162989[/ATTACH]

sewcrafty 01-30-2011 04:51 AM

WOW!!!!! Awesome!! :thumbup:

jodimae 01-30-2011 05:01 AM

It's still lovely with the batik.

grann of 6 01-30-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
While I was at my sons basketball practice yesterday I worked on cutting this silhoutte out. This is another one Designed By: Mary Stenros @ Willow Bend Creations and is called "The Roundup".
www.willowbendcreation.com

I decided to try a batik but at this point am a little skeptical if I like it or if I would prefer the black... Anyways,here is it so far...I still have a touch more of the Upper Corral on the left to cut out... and I must say my neck arthritis has started protesting.
This one I will say is a more of challenge with all the little windmill pieces and fence pieces. Definetly a Slow and easy going in cutting...

Wow! That is fantastic! And I love the batik! I like the spring action scissors too. I have arthritis in my hands and wrists and can only use those, otherwise my fingers lock up. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Nancy S. 01-30-2011 05:02 AM

What patients you have. That is going to be beautiful can't wait to see it.

MDMPanther 01-30-2011 05:07 AM

Oh wow!!! What patience!!! It's looking gorgeous!! :)

frugalfabrics 01-30-2011 05:55 AM

Will definitely keep an eye on this progression. It's amazing.

MISHNJIM 01-30-2011 06:00 AM

Your right...This is a lot of work...Turning out Beautifully though...Maybe you'll like the batik once you put it on top of the other fabric. I love it!!!

Vicki W 01-30-2011 06:47 AM

Lovely work, I think it is really going to depend on what fabric you place it on how well it "pops". What are you planning?

dsb38327 01-30-2011 07:01 AM

That is amazing. Your photos are a treasure, thank you for sharing them with us. I could never imagine how something like this is done. Such patience you have.