Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Working from a sardine can (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/working-sardine-can-t58564.html)

Bobbinchick 08-09-2010 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D :D :D :D Only have 3 sections and the boards left to quilt. Never mind the messy room as it will be that way until I finish this thing. Thought I'd show you how small my sewing space is. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

wolph33 08-09-2010 07:19 AM

quilt looks great.I remember when I only had a tiny corner to sew in.

Sue Fish 08-09-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
:D :D :D :D Only have 3 sections and the boards left to quilt. Never mind the messy room as it will be that way until I finish this thing. Thought I'd show you how small my sewing space is. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Quilt looks great..holy moly your space is smalllllllllllll

charmpacksplus 08-09-2010 07:31 AM

I have a machine very much like yours (mine is a Brother CS6000i) and there is no way I thought I could do the actual quilting on a large quilt like that, not that I want to, but I guess you've proved me wrong. Where there's a will there's a way!

Your quilt is lovely! :thumbup:

Annaquilts 08-09-2010 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick

Sure is not hampering your work. Awesome quilt on that tiny machine. But yes tha tis one small space.

0tis 08-09-2010 07:34 AM

Wow, good job working from your "can". I can relate - my husband and I lived in small houses all our married life. Just recently, bought a 2000 sq foot house and we are empty nesters - I don't know what to do with all the room. At least I can have a sewing room to myself.
I think you are doing a fabulous job and can't wait to see the finished quilt.

amandasgramma 08-09-2010 07:38 AM

Pardon me if I'm being rude, but......MY GOODNESS, you must be a TINY person!!!!! I know I wouldn't fit in there!

dkabasketlady 08-09-2010 07:42 AM

Gorgeous quilt that you're working on!! Yes, you definitely have a VERY SMALL SPACE to work with! I guess we make it work with what we have.

Bubblegum0077 08-09-2010 08:15 AM

I know how you feel. Every time I need to sew I have to set up everything on my dining room table. At times, when I am in the middle of a project (which is often) we eat in the living room in front of the tv. No complaints from the family, but I hate having to set up all over again. I want my husband to close in the washroom (which is a screened in porch) but need $$$$ to do it. I would be happy if I could do just that. Or buy a bigger house (and I don't think that will happen any time soon.)

clem55 08-09-2010 08:18 AM

Fay, you go girl! We don't all have big( or even small) rooms just for sewing. My sewing machine sits in a corner of my very small bedroom, not even space to place an extra table next to it. The only table space is what is part of my machine cabinet, about 24 inches.