Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt from Grandma

Quilt from Grandma

Last summer my neighbors and I went in together to purchase a stash that was out of this world. The woman was forced to put her mother in a retirement home, and now extended care center due to progressing alzheimers and dementia (only 68!). Her mother could obviously no longer sew or quilt, and we reaped the benefits. There were a few unfinished projects in the stash, some of which I have finished and used or given to others. We felt the least we could do was finish a few of the small quilts she had started for her grandchildren, so they would have something from their Grandma. Here is the one I completed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is so wonderful, I am sure her grandchildren will love their quilts. You are very kind.

Kat

So nice of you to return these for the grandkids! This is a very cute quilt.

What a nice thing to do, and congratulations on your great find! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Love the quilt, and love your kindness, too.

My sister and I are going through my Moms UFOs and finishing up the ones we can figure out. I've even made a quilt top from a set of borders she decided she didn't like, and was discarding. It was really ugly until I added borders, then it became cute. I'll give the ones I'm finishing to some of her grandchildren as they all seem to think the world of her. I guess that's a sign of a life well lived - As is what you and your friend are doing with her Moms UFOs!

Blog Entries
    beautiful, sorry she wouldn't understand the finished product, went thru it with my own mother

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful thing to do for the grandchildren! I am sure they will treasure it. The one you did is pretty and looks like some fabric I picked out several years ago.

Power Poster
    Cute quilt and it will be a great memento of their grandma for the grand children. We just never know how much quilting time we have left.

It is really awesome!!!! I love the colors!!!!

What a precious and lovely thing to do for her grandchildren. May you reap many blessings for your actions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast