Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
quilt for Grandson >

quilt for Grandson

quilt for Grandson

Old 10-30-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie View Post
Have you thought about using another MSQ tutorial- how about Jenny's "Diamond Dash" pattern, it also uses the Layer cake or yardage cut 10"x5" and snowballed on the end to make a diamond. I too just finished or need about 12-14 inches to finish hand sewing the binding on a Quilt for DD's Christmas quilt using the same "Illusion" pattern that you used here what a fun quilt to make, my blocks are really bright!. Now I just have to finish DS's Star Wars" quilt for his Christmas Quilt.
Well...Jenny has so many interesting videos...she is really fun to watch and you can learn to make a whole quilt in ten minutes. I have not made any until this one....but I have tons of fabric...I really need to get started doing something with it.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:56 PM

A couple years ago I made the twins each a quilt. I used the rag quilt method. It was the fastest and easiest.....they were 16 then, and shorter little people. lol. As time went on ...their feet kept sticking out the bottom..that was why this GS asked me to make it a foot longer than he is tall now. (5'10") lol
Old 11-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by oldpiglady View Post
He is 5'10" right now...so he asked me to make it a foot longer so his feet don't hang out the bottom. SO I just kept adding blocks. til I got it long enough . He knows about it. I asked him the other day if he wanted it now..or for Christmas. He said he would wait..that way he knows he will get something for Christmas. What a great kid. He is now 19....and one minute older than his brother. Loves of my life.
Just have a question...if you had made this for him, would your signature say from "Grammy" or your actual name?
Here's what I came up with

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534728[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tys-new-quilt-15.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 02:28 AM

Default picture of my dilemma

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Yep, put "Grammie" on it, but then put your full name, city of origin, date, name of the pattern and any other pertinent information that might be useful in 100 years. Beautiful quilt, by the way. Put the name of the recipient on the label as well and quilt through the label so that removing it would involve more than just slashing the outside edges where you had slip-stitched it down.
Here is what I came up with. No one will be able to remove THAT stitching....lol The first line didn't come out so well...it says"for Tyler" If I get ambitious I make remove it and do it over.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534805[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tys-new-quilt-15.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 03:54 AM

I really like your special quilt for a special grandson and I know it will be a treasure. I would certainly sign it 'Grammy' because that is your special place in his life-I'm sure it will be worn to tatters before it leaves his possession. Now, on to one for his brother.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog View Post
I really like your special quilt for a special grandson and I know it will be a treasure. I would certainly sign it 'Grammy' because that is your special place in his life-I'm sure it will be worn to tatters before it leaves his possession. Now, on to one for his brother.
Thank you...yes ...I did put 'Grammy' on it...he knows he's getting it. He is such a love. That's why I wrote that on the label area. He's 19 and such a gentleman. sigh....