Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: grandson checking out new quilt

Attached is a pic of my grandson (yellow shirt) with his new quilt. He and his cousin are looking at all the different fabrics they recognize from previous things I had made them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ha judyjo,
    That is a realy pretty quilt...I bet your grandson is soooooooo proud of his mawmaw..He He...I made fleece quilts for my Girls(3 Girls) ages1,3,and 6......they thought i was the greatest.it gives you a warm feeling inside...So, be proud!!! From one mawmaw to another or maybe your a nanna.....any ways....Nice quilt

I'm just Gramma most of the time. When disquishing from their other grandparents we are grandpa jo and gramma jo. The 4 grandsons range in age from 8-15. I have sewn for them since they were born and they all love it....even call me to ask me to sew something if they need it.

Judyjo

and they will always remember you..... for sewing things for them.I still to this day remember how my popal did little things for me...keep sewing...bev

judyjo...that little boy holding the quilt in the red shirt looks just like my grandson, Dustin. He is 12. Do you live in Tennessee or Mississippi? Do these names ring a bell? Lisa, Rusty, Katlyn, Dylan, Dustin/Dillon?

What a great quilt and picture. I can imagine them saying wow, that's awesome from the expression in the photo. :D

Love the quilt. And such handsome boys! I have noticed that my grandsons are quite interested in my quilts, also. Before starting to quilt I might not have thought the guys would be so interested. But they are as eager to check out my quilts as the girls. I love that.

The boy in the red shirt lives in Ohio. He's 13 (14 next month). He is also the boy who made me a quilt for my birthday. I posted a pic of it on thread about Men Quilting. I posted it on Aug 29. In the picture you are talking about....the Bear Paws quilt was a gift for the boy with red hair. They are all looking at the quilt because it was made with scraps left from pajamas and shorts, etc that I had made for the boys when they were younger. They were looking to see which fabrics they remembered.

judyjo

That is so special! Making things from the scraps of other gifts/clothing to them makes it really fun!

Great job!
    Wendy

The quilt came out really nice... They look they are having fun finding the pieces they remember :lol:

Blog Entries
    it looks like he is really enjoying the quilt