I made the center row to use as a border on the first sunflower quilt, but it did NOT work at all, so then I had all the pieces cut for borders, but not enough to do a top, so I dug around in my scraps and found the bag of browns/yellows/etc and put together the scrappy striped blocks. The border was a part of the original fabric that had stripes of that along with wider strips of sunflowers--it really was ugly fabric until I cut it apart and began putting it back together. Here are pictures of the original "challenge" quilt and the one that grew out of it.
This one grew from other one!
KPQG Challenge Quilt