Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting suggestions needed, Please!!!

This is a quilt measuring 83x71 that I put together about 18 mos ago and sandwiched about a year ago. It is a little wrinkled cause it was rolled and hanging on my "quilt hanger" in my sewing room (the treadmill in the family room) Anyway, originally I was just going to quilt it diagonally sort of "in the ditch" with maybe a squiggly line or another fun stitch. However I wonder if I should stitch in the "ditch" with a squiggly line outline each block, which as a whole is 12" and then maybe do a free hand sort of petal to make it look like a flower. I tried to draw in what I'm talking about with a disappearing marker. What do you think? My quilting skills are basic, I am afraid of messing it up by trying something hard. I hope to finish this up soon. Please send in suggestions!!! :) :) :)

Possible quilting lines drawn on it.
    Name:  Attachment-31132.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  61.8 KB

Picture of whole quilt on my floor
    Name:  Attachment-31133.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  73.1 KB

Close up of 12" block
    Name:  Attachment-31162.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  65.7 KB

I just wanted to say I love the quilt and have never seen the pattern before. Beautiful!! I have no suggestions for the quilting unfortunately.

Kyia

What a beautiful looking quilt. Love the colors. Sorry no suggestions here. Whatever you decide will look great!!

I love the idea of making it look like flowers! I think it would look great! As for the squiggly(sp?) lines for in the 'ditch', that sounds neat too! I had never thought that you could use something other then straight lines in the ditch! Thank you for the great idea too!
    Don't forget to show us the finished product!
    Kendra

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh, it is really a fantastic quilt! I would say the squiggly lines would look fine as would the "flower". You might want to search Izy's older posts..well...from a couple of months ago anyway...she did some "in the ditch" quilting, but used a squiggly line over the "ditch" to do it. It looked great and is a very "forgiving" way to quilt if you are feeling uncomfortable.

I really love the quilt and if it were mine...after all the work, I'm not sure that I wouldn't quilt it very traditionally...diagonals going both ways.

Whichever way you go..you can't go wrong on that beautiful baby! :D

Beautiful quilt and pattern, don't have a suggestion for the quilting though.

I have no clue, but I think it's really pretty!

Banned
    I can't help on the quilting part, but I sure can tell you its a beautiful quilt :D

Blog Entries
    LOVE THE COLORS!!! Why don't you just tie it off in each 1/2 square triangle? Use bright colors to match the top. GiGi

Beautiful, I love scrappy quilts! My suggestion would be to do a large meandering. When I do that I think of a large gig-saw puzzle. It's fast and easy. Just my little 2 :wink:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast