Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ready for the LAQ!

This is a top I have had done for several years. Done in flannel. It is going to Candlequilter to be quilted in time to give to the DH for Christmas. He knows about but is anxious to have it all finished. I am lucky that Candlequilter only lives about 20 minutes away. That is very handy to have her so near! Plus she does fantastic work.
    Got this pattern from McCalls Quick Quilts, March 2002 issue. The name of it is Country Spirit.
    I will post another pic when it is all quilted and bound.

The fabric folded by the side is for the backing
    Name:  Attachment-140245.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  44.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice!! What fun to have her so close!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Really nice! I know he will love it...

Lovely.

Can't wait to see this finished...looks beautiful!
    Kirsten

Very nice! So good to have a LAQ close at hand!! Mine is 12miles away!! Couldn't do it without her!!!

outstanding top. sure husband will be over the moon when finished.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
    This is a top I have had done for several years. Done in flannel. It is going to Candlequilter to be quilted in time to give to the DH for Christmas. He knows about but is anxious to have it all finished. I am lucky that Candlequilter only lives about 20 minutes away. That is very handy to have her so near! Plus she does fantastic work.
    Got this pattern from McCalls Quick Quilts, March 2002 issue. The name of it is Country Spirit.
    Thanks Linda I can hardly wait to get my hands and LA on it. Just finished up the one I was working on last night. 2 more to go plus 3 on the way but I will be ready for yours anytime after Dec 15th. Please let me know if you need me to come out and pick it up for you. Hope you get over your cold quickly. I came down with one 2 days before I left with my DS and DDIL for Disney World. But after 3 weeks it is about gone.

Thanks again and take care,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
    Thanks Sherryl, I don't really have a cold. Just the hacky little cough.
    I decided I will have this quilted with or without the new backing. I will give the backing until the 14th to get here, maybe. May just bring it to you sooner. Will let you know.
    Thanks Linda I can hardly wait to get my hands and LA on it. Just finished up the one I was working on last night. 2 more to go plus 3 on the way but I will be ready for yours anytime after Dec 15th. Please let me know if you need me to come out and pick it up for you. Hope you get over your cold quickly. I came down with one 2 days before I left with my DS and DDIL for Disney World. But after 3 weeks it is about gone.

Thanks again and take care,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Blog Entries
    I like it!