Ok. I loved the pattern in the magazine, so I went and bought the EIGHT fabrics I wanted for the blocks. That didn't include the backing. I thought, it's a difficult block, so I'll make a test block.
I'm sure glad I did. I did not like the results at all, neither did I care for the center of the star where 16 pieces come together. That alone took 3 tries to get it anywhere near close.
Since I had fabric for a KING size quilt now, I didn't want to put it in the neverland of my stash.
So, I started making blocks. I added a new tan that was a lot lighter. And now I love it. I'm making 80 , ten inch blocks and creating it on the fly. So far, I have 8 point stars, 4 patch, flying geese, pinwheels, square on point and random 16 patch blocks. I can't wait to do the design wall process to figure out where to put them all.
So, the one that was supposed to be, is now a lovely potholder.
And I've got 52 squares of the needed 80 done for a quilt that "I" will love.
What was supposed to be
What is going to be
The other 4 so far