Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Cotton Boll

Roll Cotton Boll

Whew well this quilt is finished and i really really am in love with it...part of the reason i quilt is bc i get to fall in love with a quilt every time i finish one. I learned alot with this quilt, i learned to let go of being so picky about scrap quilts and not worry about what fabric is touching what. I am very proud of this quilt as ALL of the fabric for this quilt came from my stash or scrap bins...no new purchases for this, makes me wonder what other beautiful quilts are just sitting folded up as fabric in my stash. Some of the neutral prints i have had for a long time...some of them since my first quilt when i was 16 so over 20 years i have been lugging it around and now its finally in a quilt. Its far from perfect as some of my points dont match perfectly but its perfect to me and thats all that counts. I started this last tuesday, cut out everything for 2 quilts and have all the blocks ready for the second one to be put together, finished this first one yesterday. The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter...it was a mystery quilt a few years ago and i had all the patterns saved on my computer but you can purchase the pattern now in one of her books...string fling i believe
    thanks for looking and have a great day, i added a picture of my quilt helpers....they actually really do help.
    p.s i am very very sick of red hst...there are 600 in this quilt YIKES
    Attached Images Attached Images          

They are soooo cute! Love your quilt.

I did this quilt too love how yours turned out
    asking a quilter to mend is like asking picasso to paint your garage

Wow. I don't know which is more gorgeous; the quilt or the kids. That is wonderful. I just finished 4 scrappy quilts and am working on another right now. It does feel good to be using up all those little left over pieces. Wonderful job.

Blog Entries
    your quilt is beautiful... must've been tons of work
    Nancy in western NY

Power Poster
    Congratulations on finishing your Roll Cotton Boll. I was following along until Bonnie posted the triangles YIKES! Yours is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Amazing quilt. Love it. But your helpers are just adorable. They look so happy. How large are your blocks? Thanks for sharing. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Really cute helpers and beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    wow, the quilt it stunning. All those red HST's really tie it together, so it paid off.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Really awesome quilt and helpers. Just love Bonnie's patterns. You did a great job, thanks for sharing.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast