View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 AM
tealfalcon

Default Roll Cotton Boll

Whew well this quilt is finished and i really really am in love with it...part of the reason i quilt is bc i get to fall in love with a quilt every time i finish one. I learned alot with this quilt, i learned to let go of being so picky about scrap quilts and not worry about what fabric is touching what. I am very proud of this quilt as ALL of the fabric for this quilt came from my stash or scrap bins...no new purchases for this, makes me wonder what other beautiful quilts are just sitting folded up as fabric in my stash. Some of the neutral prints i have had for a long time...some of them since my first quilt when i was 16 so over 20 years i have been lugging it around and now its finally in a quilt. Its far from perfect as some of my points dont match perfectly but its perfect to me and thats all that counts. I started this last tuesday, cut out everything for 2 quilts and have all the blocks ready for the second one to be put together, finished this first one yesterday. The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter...it was a mystery quilt a few years ago and i had all the patterns saved on my computer but you can purchase the pattern now in one of her books...string fling i believe
thanks for looking and have a great day, i added a picture of my quilt helpers....they actually really do help.
p.s i am very very sick of red hst...there are 600 in this quilt YIKES
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   008.jpg   009.jpg   013.jpg