Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Score!!!

Wink Score!!!

Howdy y'all!!! :c)

OOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhhh I'm so excited!!! I saw a post on Craigslist a little over a week ago from a lady who's mother died a year ago, and she was selling her mother's sewing stuff to raise money to buy her a headstone. She told me that she had always joked with her mother that her stash would be the only inheritance she would get. She had tub after tub after tub of fabric that she was selling for 50 cents a yard!!! She has 4 shelves in her garage that are nine feet long and both sides are stacked with boxes of 5500 yard cones of thread. I got 32 spools of thread, 2 baggies of applique fabric, an antique tin with some sewing machine needles, snips, small scissors, and lace in it, 4 bags of lace, 4 scraps of leather (she had pieces of leather big enough to cover up with!), a total of FIFTY EIGHT AND A HALF yards of fabric, and an antique sewing machine.....all for 50 bucks!!! So of course I had to take pictures of everything! This is most of what I got. If anyone can tell me anything at all about the sewing machine, I would sure appreciate it! :c)

Donna
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

You made a great haul today thats for sure.. Sorry I don't know anything about your machine though.

Well now, isn't that the most wonderful catch? I don't know about the machine, but it will be a nice one, I'm sure!!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    WOW that is wonderful

It was your lucky day.....congratulations!!~!!!!

wow you sure made out . the machine will sew great for you i love the stitches the old machine have. lol

Power Poster
    The machine looks like a imitation Singer. I have one made by the Universal company that looks quite similar. That's a great fabric haul!

Wow, congratulations, you got a lot of nice stuff!!

Pleeeeease ... fifty bucks??? !! I am so very jelous! Look at all those goodies! YOu sure got your christmas surprise early.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

WOW!!! Lucky you! The fabrics are gorgeous and the machine is very pretty! Have fun!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast