Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy Jacob's ladder and an almost catastrophe

Scrappy Jacob's ladder and an almost catastrophe

I was asked if I would make a quilt that a local faith-based charity could raffle off. I love scrappy and thought Jacob's Ladder would be appropriate, so I combined the two. I did the quilting myself. I marked the hearts with the blue water-soluble marker and after quilting half of them, decided to spray the quilt so the blue would go away and I could really see the quilting. I almost lost it (my mind) when I got up the next morning and found that every piece of one red fabric ran all over the cream! After a few choice words, I knew that I couldn't do anything about it until I finished the quilting and binding. Then I used Oxy10 gel stain remover on all the color runs, let it sit overnight, and washed it in warm water with 4 color catchers. Halleluiah, every stain came out! The color catchers were all dark burgundy. Just to be on the safe side, I washed it again with 4 more color catchers. Nothing on them this time. I am so happy! The charity will be getting this quilt tomorrow. Sorry that the pictures aren't too clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    The pictures are clear enough to show what a BEAUTIFUL quilt you have made. I am so glad that everything worked out. Hope it makes a lot of money. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Beautiful quilt and quilting! I hope it raises a lot of money!

that is a beautiful scrappy quilt-hopw it raises lots of money
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Wow, that is a beauty. It turned out great.

A beautiful quilt. No one would ever guess that you nearly had a cardiac arrest over it! I have had those moments and then things work out sometimes. A learning experience!

What a beautiful quilt. I just love scrappies!!! I've got everything together to make a Jacob's ladder but haven't done it yet. Hope your quilt brings lots of money!!!
    There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

What a pretty quilt. Glad you could get out the red. It should sell lots of raffle tickets.

Love, LOVE, LOVE this quilt! It's beautiful! I really like the scrappy look, I have a similar one that I'd made with my scraps. They just feel so.......quilty. Sounds dumb, I know, but can't think of a better word. This should make a bunch of money for the raffle. Thanks for posting it - - it inspires me to get going on another quilt and use up some of my stash.
    Laughing is, and will always be, the best form of therapy!

When you love and laugh abundantly, you live a beautiful life!

If you're too busy to laugh.....you're too busy!

Oh, it is lovely! You were so smart to figure out how to get the stains out. I will keep that trick in mind. I hope you raise lots of money with this quilt.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast