Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM
quiltmaker52

Default Scrappy Jacob's ladder and an almost catastrophe

I was asked if I would make a quilt that a local faith-based charity could raffle off. I love scrappy and thought Jacob's Ladder would be appropriate, so I combined the two. I did the quilting myself. I marked the hearts with the blue water-soluble marker and after quilting half of them, decided to spray the quilt so the blue would go away and I could really see the quilting. I almost lost it (my mind) when I got up the next morning and found that every piece of one red fabric ran all over the cream! After a few choice words, I knew that I couldn't do anything about it until I finished the quilting and binding. Then I used Oxy10 gel stain remover on all the color runs, let it sit overnight, and washed it in warm water with 4 color catchers. Halleluiah, every stain came out! The color catchers were all dark burgundy. Just to be on the safe side, I washed it again with 4 more color catchers. Nothing on them this time. I am so happy! The charity will be getting this quilt tomorrow. Sorry that the pictures aren't too clear.
Attached Thumbnails jacobs-ladder1.jpg   jacobs-ladder2.jpg