Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 162 of 238 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2380

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Yep, the zebra stripes were far worse, so was the cheddar fabric with chicken footprints, and the mustard with blue gears. Even the tire fabric could have been hard to use. And I'm guilty of buying all of those. The one i dislike the most is only represent in small pieces....a greyish mustard with white flowers. There is also a lot of a blue fabric with flowers that I don't like but seemed to match everything. So, I got rid of a lot of weird fabrics with this quilt. The crazy thing is that I still like it.
    I do like the crazy quilt too and there are some extremely unique fabrics used in the quilt. Does the blue fabric with flowers have cabbage roses on it? If so, I have quite a bit of that fabric still that I haven't figured out how to use up in quilts. But you've given me some ideas. Truly do like your quilt.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I do like the crazy quilt too and there are some extremely unique fabrics used in the quilt. Does the blue fabric with flowers have cabbage roses on it? If so, I have quite a bit of that fabric still that I haven't figured out how to use up in quilts. But you've given me some ideas. Truly do like your quilt.
    Chris
    Yes, there are a few small roses on the blue fabric, I think they are the cabbage type. There are other flowers too though. The scale of the flowers is small enough that the fabric always reads blue. It isn't something that I probably would have bought but it sure did match a lot of different fabrics. Good luck with your left over yardage. Fabric challenges can sure make piecing fun. I'm glad you like how my top turned out. Thank you.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Yes, there are a few small roses on the blue fabric, I think they are the cabbage type. There are other flowers too though. The scale of the flowers is small enough that the fabric always reads blue. It isn't something that I probably would have bought but it sure did match a lot of different fabrics. Good luck with your left over yardage. Fabric challenges can sure make piecing fun. I'm glad you like how my top turned out. Thank you.
    Some of the cabbage rose yardage isn't leftovers - some of it didn't see the light of day until I organized my fabric and realized how much of that fabric I still have. I can always use it for practice pieces when trying out new quilt squares/patterns or making potholders. Fabric bowls also come to mind.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Sounds like you are ready to have fun with it. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Foxflower, I love your quilt.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Thank you Linda!

there...now you have to go and buy more fabric to have scraps..
    I love all your quilts. Great job.

Mom's newest one by supercabs78, on Flickr

My mom just finished this one scraps from two other quilts
    He who loves crazy scrappy quilts.

Sons KING size quilt

My first scrappy...and it drove me absoultely crazy!!! BUT, like everyone says..turned out so pretty!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Future Quilter, I really like your mom's quilt. It's so different!

Ellageo, what a beauty! I'm partial to colors and black sashing. Really makes it pop!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 162 of 238 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 161 162 163 172 212 ... LastLast