Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrappy top for my little guy. : )

This is a quick scrappy twin-size top I finished putting together yesterday. It's going to be for my 7-year-old, the little guy on the right, in the orange shirt. He's pretty excited that he's getting his own quilt and is having fun looking at all the different blocks- in fact, the yellow and blue right next to him is his favorite, and I'd almost left it out because I found that bright yellow to be a bit obnoxious! lol

The blocks are scrappy (I have to admit, I controlled them a bit- there were a couple of fabrics that were just pleading to be placed together! ; ) and I bought the setting fabric. Thought about tea-dying muslin that had been given to me but there were such mixed reviews for using muslin. I'd never used setting blocks before and it seems that some of them have a bit of "extra" fabric to them- is there something I should have known about working with setting blocks? I was careful, as always, when I cut them... Hoping the quilting takes care of that.

Anyway, just a quick, fun quilt to switch to when I want something to work on that goes a little faster. Hoping to have both this AND my husband's full-size finished by Christmas. That's ambitious, I know, but I need a goal! Thanks for looking! : )
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Cute easy quilt I like it and I have some things to get finished by Christmas maybe we can ran a race and I bet you would win

Looks very happy with his quilt! My boys love quilts, at least part of it is feeling special that it was made just for them.

Blog Entries
    Very sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by jean1941
    Cute easy quilt I like it and I have some things to get finished by Christmas maybe we can ran a race and I bet you would win
    lol, I don't know about that! I easily have another couple hundred hours to go on my husband's, so... I guess it'll depend just how much free time I can eke out between now and then! : )

I love your quilt. Scrappy is so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Looks very happy with his quilt! My boys love quilts, at least part of it is feeling special that it was made just for them.
    Yes, he's quite excited about it and wants to show it to everyone. My original plan was to make one for each of my kids. Started when I was pregnant with my first- he got his and he's the only one that has so far! (And I'm currently up to 6 kids! :shock: I definitely have my work cut out for me. ;-) )

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Glad he loves it!!!!

Love your scrappy quilt!

I love this. Simple but elegant looking. I'm sure he will enjoy this quilt for years to come. Great job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast