View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Kristin in ME

This is a quick scrappy twin-size top I finished putting together yesterday. It's going to be for my 7-year-old, the little guy on the right, in the orange shirt. He's pretty excited that he's getting his own quilt and is having fun looking at all the different blocks- in fact, the yellow and blue right next to him is his favorite, and I'd almost left it out because I found that bright yellow to be a bit obnoxious! lol

The blocks are scrappy (I have to admit, I controlled them a bit- there were a couple of fabrics that were just pleading to be placed together! ; ) and I bought the setting fabric. Thought about tea-dying muslin that had been given to me but there were such mixed reviews for using muslin. I'd never used setting blocks before and it seems that some of them have a bit of "extra" fabric to them- is there something I should have known about working with setting blocks? I was careful, as always, when I cut them... Hoping the quilting takes care of that.

Anyway, just a quick, fun quilt to switch to when I want something to work on that goes a little faster. Hoping to have both this AND my husband's full-size finished by Christmas. That's ambitious, I know, but I need a goal! Thanks for looking! : )
Attached Thumbnails attachment-238952.jpe   attachment-238953.jpe